RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >   
  Topic: Panda's Thumb / AtBC Locations, meet each other when you're in town< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 12 2008,07:51   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 11 2008,15:25)
You teasers. I'll stand us a nice dinner in Chicago - Wes deserves it for his kitzmiller work. We can then be entertained a J dog destroys the crockery.

Let me know, folks.

Richard - I PM'd you, but we have food now in the suburbs too, so we can rustle up some grub for Dr. Wes out in the wilds, and we owe you, so here's your chance to get even.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

UD is an Unnatural Douchemagnet. - richardthughes 7/11

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: June 19 2008,22:57   

Ribs and a Caesar salad from Portillo's, followed by a baseball game. I tried my hand at getting some pictures in the next-to-dark conditions at the ballpark.

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2008,00:51   

Weds - we'll go somewhere nice. I'll have the yet prepped for the Maldives, maybe.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

k.e..

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2008,02:00   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 20 2008,08:51)
Weds - we'll go somewhere nice. I'll have the yet prepped for the Maldives, maybe.

YOU BETTER NOT HOMO! I WANT ALL THE INDIAN OCEAN TO MYSELF. ANYWAY I'M FLYING  OVER IT NEXT SUNDAY :P

--------------
"I get a strong breeze from my monitor every time k.e. puts on his clown DaveTard suit" dogdidit
"ID is deader than Lenny Flanks granmaws dildo batteries" Erasmus
"I'm busy studying scientist level science papers" Galloping Gary Gaulin

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: June 20 2008,09:00   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 20 2008,00:51)

Malvides?  What, are you nought but an Argy Symp?

Didn't the English Army fight to keep this the Faulklands???

What?  The Malvides you say?

Oh right!  A right different kettle of fish, eh what?

Carry On then!

edited for picture size.

--------------
Come on Tough Guy, do the little dance of ID impotence you do so well. - Louis to Joe G 2/10

Gullibility is not a virtue - Quidam on Dembski's belief in the Bible Code Faith Healers & ID 7/08

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2009,11:13   

My wife, Diane, will be visiting Chicago for a Vizsla Club board meeting on Saturday, leaving her Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon open. Diane is an interdisciplinary researcher with degrees in zoology, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, and wildlife and fisheries sciences. If anybody in the Chicago area would care to do some socializing with Diane, let me know so we can get the contacts set up.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2009,11:49   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 16 2009,11:13)
My wife, Diane, will be visiting Chicago for a Vizsla Club board meeting on Saturday, leaving her Saturday evening through Sunday afternoon open. Diane is an interdisciplinary researcher with degrees in zoology, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, and wildlife and fisheries sciences. If anybody in the Chicago area would care to do some socializing with Diane, let me know so we can get the contacts set up.

If Diane is downtown and would like a nice dinner, I'd be happy to find a nice place that servers the cuisine of her choice and treat her.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2009,18:55   

I got an update on the place where Diane's meeting on Saturday is at, which is near the O'Hare Airport, 6400 Mannheim Rd, Des Plaines, IL.

--------------

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: July 16 2009,23:04   

I have had to opportunity to play host to a handful of TO/TD/PT/AtBC folks over the years.

Gary Hurd, Dana Point, Ca.

I'm in the phone book.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,09:13   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ July 16 2009,18:55)
I got an update on the place where Diane's meeting on Saturday is at, which is near the O'Hare Airport, 6400 Mannheim Rd, Des Plaines, IL.

I'm a ways from the airport, but if she wants to catch the blue line in to downtown where the good stuff's at..

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,09:32   

Wes & Diane - Good location for us... extremely BAD timing for us!

Our recent grad has only 2 more weekends to get ready to move to the Saginaw area for a job, and Mom and her are organizing and shopping like crazy for stuff.  The schedule they have set is way more intense than moving to college, and rivals the strict timelines set up by Eisenhower for the Allied invasion of Normandy.  I just hope that the damn merchants are still expecting them to go to the Pas de Calais...

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,11:16   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 17 2009,07:13)

I'm a ways from the airport, but if she wants to catch the blue line in to downtown where the good stuff's at..

Just don't expect to, uh, meet any girls when you're hanging out with Richard.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,11:26   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ July 17 2009,11:16)

Proof that I'm not a homosexualist, 'cause they has loads of girl freinds.

:angry:

HOMO

--------------

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,13:01   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 17 2009,09:26)

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ July 17 2009,11:16)

Proof that I'm not a homosexualist, 'cause they has loads of girl freinds.

HOMO

HA HA THIS IS RICHARD AND HIS FRIENDS:

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,13:48   

That makes me look old.

--------------

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,17:59   

Quote (Richardthughes @ July 17 2009,13:48)
That makes me look old.

Good to see you lost that "extra" weight dude!

--------------

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,22:01   

Quote (J-Dog @ July 17 2009,17:59)
Quote (Richardthughes @ July 17 2009,13:48)
That makes me look old.

Good to see you lost that "extra" weight dude!

For a sec, I thought that was Louis, but with smaller moobs.

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

BWE

(Permalink) Posted: July 17 2009,22:17   

No tattoo also.

--------------
Who said that ev'ry wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star
Somebody thought of that, and someone believed it
Look what it's done so far

The Daily Wingnut

Louis

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2009,05:00   

"Tattoos" plural folks.

Anyway, rather than amuse myself at the expense of Deadman et al, I have a question. Who is that big blond guy his face is familiar. I'm sure I've seen that photo before (probably here when someone was making a "HA HA this is you" classic). Is the guy famous?

Louis

--------------
Bye.

Alan Fox

(Permalink) Posted: July 18 2009,06:41   

Quote (Louis @ July 18 2009,00:00)
"Tattoos" plural folks.

Anyway, rather than amuse myself at the expense of Deadman et al, I have a question. Who is that big blond guy his face is familiar. I'm sure I've seen that photo before (probably here when someone was making a "HA HA this is you" classic). Is the guy famous?

Louis

Apparently!

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: July 31 2009,09:42   

Anyone else in New York at the moment?  I'm here wandering round, failing to go to various places (but I did find O'Hara's bar).  Anyway, I'll be helping Grrl celebrate her blogoversary tomorrow, and probably going to hear Josh Rosenau next week.  Both events will include beer drinking at some point.  It would be good to see what some of you look like in real life.

EDIT: added second link.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: July 31 2009,10:09   

Quote (Bob O'H @ July 31 2009,09:42)
Anyone else in New York at the moment?  I'm here wandering round, failing to go to various places (but I did find O'Hara's bar).  Anyway, I'll be helping Grrl celebrate her blogoversary tomorrow, and probably going to hear Josh Rosenau next week.  Both events will include beer drinking at some point.  It would be good to see what some of you look like in real life.

New York City?!?!?!?!?

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,12:43   

My location is changing. In another couple of weeks, I will have a Florida address, somewhere in commuting distance of St. Petersburg.

--------------

deadman_932

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,13:59   

Quote (Bob O'H @ July 31 2009,09:42)

EDIT: added second link.

You don't want to see me in real life, I fear.

I...I'm hideous. Don't look at me.

I also may have married Lisa Minelli, I think. I dunno, I was pretty drunk.

--------------
AtBC Award for Thoroughness in the Face of Creationism

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,14:12   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Aug. 08 2009,10:43)
My location is changing. In another couple of weeks, I will have a Florida address, somewhere in commuting distance of St. Petersburg.

Good news. Congratulations.

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,14:57   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ Aug. 08 2009,12:43)

It'd be a long commute, but I hear there's a lovely dinosaur-themed property available...

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Freelurker

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,15:02   

Last I heard, Lenny Flank lives in St. Petersburg too. Maybe you'll cross paths.

--------------
Invoking intelligent design in science is like invoking gremlins in engineering. [after Mark Isaak.]
All models are wrong, some models are useful. - George E. P. Box

J-Dog

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,15:35   

Congratulations and good luck - I am sure you won't miss the Midwestern winters!

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,18:19   

Quote (Freelurker @ Aug. 08 2009,15:02)
Last I heard, Lenny Flank lives in St. Petersburg too. Maybe you'll cross paths.

That would be interesting. We've been in correspondence since about 1992, but never met in person.

--------------

Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 08 2009,18:20   

Quote (J-Dog @ Aug. 08 2009,15:35)
Congratulations and good luck - I am sure you won't miss the Midwestern winters!

I'm not much for snow, but Diane actually enjoys having at least some time in winter around snow. Not much chance of that in St. Petersburg.

--------------

208 replies since May 20 2008,03:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]