RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (1000) < ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... >   
  Topic: Official Uncommonly Dense Discussion Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
keiths

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,09:19   

Looks like dedicated AtBC reader DaveScot's pride has been wounded:
There’s a reason KeithS is blacklisted here. He’s loud and stupid. Loud I can tolerate. At ATBC he blithers on about how any real pilot would have immediately turned around and landed suspecting a faulty airspeed indicator...

And this gem:
As for the airspeed indicator being clearly labeled MPH - it was but it was in very small print and one tends not to notice things that one never looks for.

Stay tuned, Davey.  I'll reply when I get some time later today.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

keiths

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,09:27   

Quote (jujuquisp @ June 15 2006,14:14)
At least Sal and DaveTard can spell "beginning" correctly.  Geez.

Faid is Greek.  I'm willing to bet that his English spelling is better than your Greek spelling.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,11:07   

Re: Mr. D.SS the flying turd and the claims he has an IQ of 150+...... I ask why would he make a mistake like that...... what with the anal attention to minute details and stuff that sort of brain power  demands.

I say he cheated on his tickle IQ test (I'm not providing a link since The site is devoted to parting fools from their money). Does he provide evidence for such a plainly wild claim?

'Tis a pity he didn't take the reading literally like his stupid Fundy Friends........then there really would be a god!!!! Isn't there a search on for Flying Fundamentalists?

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

Tracy P. Hamilton

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,13:15   

Re: Mr. D.SS the flying turd and the claims he has an IQ of 150+...... I ask why would he make a mistake like that...... what with the anal attention to minute details and stuff that sort of brain power  demands.

Maybe AFDave got the 150+ from the airspeed indicator.

Bombs away - you're outta here! - dt

--------------
"Following what I just wrote about fitness, you’re taking refuge in what we see in the world."  PaV

"The simple equation F = MA leads to the concept of four-dimensional space." GilDodgen

"We have no brain, I don't, for thinking." Robert Byers

jujuquisp

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,16:39   

Actually, for a 50+ year old, it is impossible to have an IQ above 150.   Thus he is lying.  Look at how IQ tests are scored and anyone can see that this claim is clearly a baseless boast.  Maybe he had a score of 150+ on an IQ test when he was a kid, but it is impossible for him to have that score now.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,17:32   

June 15, 2006
The Missing Link in Bird Evolution Has Been Found!

I’m suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199695,00.html

Those of us with room-temperature IQs are perpetually assured that there is overwhelming evidence for Darwinian gradualism in the fossil record. So, after reading the news release linked above, I asked myself, “Self, why is this big news?”

I guess I just don’t get it. Why has the missing link in bird evolution just been found, when I have been assured for years that there is overwhelming evidence in the fossil record that the enigma of bird evolution was already solved?

Sigh. I’m apparently too stupid to understand Darwinian logic.
Filed under: Intelligent Design — GilDodgen @ 10:23 pm
Comments (0)

Yep.

tacitus

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,22:19   

Quote (jujuquisp @ June 15 2006,21:39)
Actually, for a 50+ year old, it is impossible to have an IQ above 150.   Thus he is lying.  Look at how IQ tests are scored and anyone can see that this claim is clearly a baseless boast.  Maybe he had a score of 150+ on an IQ test when he was a kid, but it is impossible for him to have that score now.

But... but... he has four patents... he's got to be super-intelligent...

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,22:23   

Quote (jujuquisp @ June 15 2006,14:14)
At least Sal and DaveTard can spell "beginning" correctly.  Geez.

yikes! :O

(you try typing when you're ROFLing) :p

--------------
A look into DAVE HAWKINS' sense of honesty:

"The truth is that ALL mutations REDUCE information"

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

djmullen

(Permalink) Posted: June 15 2006,23:55   

I love Uncommon Dissent!  GilDodgen strikes again:

The Missing Link in Bird Evolution Has Been Found!
I’m suffering from a severe case of cognitive dissonance.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199695,00.html

Those of us with room-temperature IQs* are perpetually assured that there is overwhelming evidence for Darwinian gradualism in the fossil record. So, after reading the news release linked above, I asked myself, “Self, why is this big news?”

I guess I just don’t get it. Why has the missing link in bird evolution just been found, when I have been assured for years that there is overwhelming evidence in the fossil record that the enigma of bird evolution was already solved?

From the article he links to:

"Most of the ancestors of birds from the age of dinosaurs are members of groups that died out and left no modern descendants. But Gansus led to modern birds, so it's a link between primitive birds and those we see today," Lamanna, a co-leader of the research team, said in a telephone interview.

Sigh. I’m apparently too stupid to understand Darwinian logic.
Apparently.

Filed under: Intelligent Design — GilDodgen @ 10:23 pm

* Room temperature ~ 70 degrees F.  That seems about right.
Filed under: Never read your sources, just bloviate.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,03:12   

Gil must have been thinking about the " weakest link".
(a TV quiz show where the losers were unceremoniously told they were the weakest link and shown the exit)

--------------
The conservative has but little to fear from the man whose reason is the servant of his passions, but let him beware of him in whom reason has become the greatest and most terrible of the passions.These are the wreckers of outworn empires and civilisations, doubters, disintegrators, deicides.Haldane

Caledonian

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,03:20   

Actually, for a 50+ year old, it is impossible to have an IQ above 150.

Um... that statement is completely wrong.  Utterly and completely incorrect in every respect.

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,05:06   

couple of points.

IQ:

it used to be mental age / physical age, I think.

This would mean that he has a 75 year olds mental capacity? Now it's just tends to be a number that 'smart people' throw around to feel good about themselves. IQ is an indication of how good you are at IQ tests. It's also negatively correlated with theism.

Perhaps that's why Dave got upgraded to 'agnostic'.

Dave:

People keep producing these snippets about Dave 'walter mitty' Springer Scott.

Can we get a full profile together? As I recall:

He was a marine
Worked at Dell
Was on the Dell patents comittee?
Grows mushrooms
Has no website

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

Occam's Toothbrush

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,05:28   

I’m apparently too stupid to understand Darwinian logic.

No, just too stupid to understand that headline writers, not biologists and paleontologists, write headlines.

Does GilDodgen think that defending his ideas also obligates him to defend every representation of them, however brainless, in the media?  Maybe since my IQ is well above room temperature (tickle said 145, how impressive), I'm too smart to understand GilDodgian logic.

--------------
"Molecular stuff seems to me not to be biology as much as it is a more atomic element of life" --Creo nut Robert Byers
------
"You need your arrogant ass kicked, and I would LOVE to be the guy who does it. Where do you live?" --Anger Management Problem Concern Troll "Kris"

Stephen Elliott

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,06:19   

Quote (Caledonian @ June 16 2006,08:20)
Actually, for a 50+ year old, it is impossible to have an IQ above 150.

Um... that statement is completely wrong.  Utterly and completely incorrect in every respect.

Could you please explain why it is wrong? I have no idea how IQ is calculated. All I do know is that a "child" will score higher than an "adult" if they both give the exact same answers.

k.e

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,06:22   

Richard add  to Herr d.SS' profile
Drunken sailor
Flying Girly Boy
Scientific American subscriber -gift from wife?

We have the video of his first meeting with her.

Dave meets Ms Dave.

--------------

Rilke's Granddaughter

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:13   

It would appear that Dembski's math skills have declined considerably since he stopped using them for anything except getting his degree.  Andrea Bottaro has excellently fisked Dembski completely misunderstanding how google searches work.  Classic.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:31   

Good lord.

In the latest installment of Life-Imitates-Art, DaveTard is now signing his comments 'DT'!

Specifically, see here:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1227#comments

He's also parodying our parody of his CONTENT:

I can make YOUR confusion disappear, pal.-dt

I guess we have a big influence on him over here.  :p

It also says something about how accurate our parody of him is, that it resonates so well with him.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:34   

I also see that rmagruder is now happily integrated into the UD community. That was inevitable...

He'll be happier there. No one asking him awkward questions.  :p

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:48   

Quote (Arden Chatfield @ June 16 2006,12:31)
Good lord.

In the latest installment of Life-Imitates-Art, DaveTard is now signing his comments 'DT'!

Specifically, see here:

http://www.uncommondescent.com/index.php/archives/1227#comments

He's also parodying our parody of his CONTENT:

I can make YOUR confusion disappear, pal.-dt

I guess we have a big influence on him over here.  :p

It also says something about how accurate our parody of him is, that it resonates so well with him.

It also shows his total lack of imagination and originality, but then, that's why we love the guy.  :p

--------------

"...mutations can add information to a genome.  And remember, I have never said that this is not possible."

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:54   

Dave tries harder:

You’re mis-construing the inportance. It’s not “we’ve found a missing link, therefore evolution is proved”, but rather “we’ve found a fossil ancestor that tells us something interesting about how birds evolved”.

There’s a good write-up on Living the Scientific Life.

Bob

Wanna see me turn YOU into a missing link? -dt

Comment by Bob OH — June 16, 2006 @ 12:36 am

Pretty good, Dave! maybe one day you'll manage to live up to your legend.

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,07:59   

Dembski's Google post vanished. I have a copy...

anyone need it? :p

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,08:01   

Dave, would it be asking too much for you to insult someone's mother? I'd really like that. Our experience would then be complete.

If necessary, we'll send one of our evolutionists over, so you don't have to do it to one of your regulars.   :p

--------------

Faid

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,08:05   

Quote (Richardthughes @ June 16 2006,12:59)

...Google post?

--------------

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,08:09   

Quote (Faid @ June 16 2006,13:05)
Quote (Richardthughes @ June 16 2006,12:59)

...Google post?

Nah.. it's still there.I must have had a Davescott moment - I didn't look down teh page despite having an IQ of 317. :angry:

--------------

dhogaza

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,09:56   

jhudson sez
I am not sure how a bird can be considered a ‘missing link’ for birds. This is like my grandfather being considered a missing link between myself and my great-grandfather.

He is SO CLOSE to understanding common descent with modification, yet so far, far away ...

Ichthyic

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,10:36   

I also see that rmagruder is now happily integrated into the UD community.

Yeah, they really like "witchhunters" over there.

What I see is someone too chicken to do the work to see behind the show that folks like coulter put on.

Ignorance is bliss, eh Randy?

--------------
"And the sea will grant each man new hope..."

-CC

Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,10:50   

Demski has gone into *spam mode* to push his post off the page.

--------------

Rilke's Granddaughter

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,11:04   

Dembski pines for the old days, when he was somebody:
....whom I know from a Templeton funded Oxford seminar at which I spoke (on ID) in June 2001 and at which he was a participant (this was still in the days when I used to be invited to Templeton events).

Sad, really.  As I say - to admired by the likes of Sal and Dave "I'm too stupid to actually look at the plane I'm flying; and too stupid to land when something's wrong" Springer-Spaniel Scott must be really depressing.

To paraphrase Bolt: "Why Dembski, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world.  But for the adulation of syncophantic morons?"

dhogaza

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,11:06   

DaveTard ...
Fossil collecting is at best a harmless hobby. To call it important science is trivializing science. Important science to do with birds is finding a cure for bird flu or getting chickens to lay bigger eggs with less feed

Ah, so paleontology is "at best a harmless hobby".  Dave's sweeping Tardisms are getting more outlandish by the day.

You know, someone should tell Dave that delusions of grandeur are one sign that you MAY be experiencing a manic episode.

Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: June 16 2006,11:10   

DT shares with us the low opinion he has of scientists who mess with all that archaelogy/paleontology stuff:

Fossil collecting is at best a harmless hobby. To call it important science is trivializing science. Important science to do with birds is finding a cure for bird flu or getting chickens to lay bigger eggs with less feed. -ds

Yup, finding fossils just muddies the waters. Only a fundamentalist mathmatician sitting in his office at a bible college can really contribute to understanding evolution.

So you pointy-headed atheist paleontologists just stop it now, okay? ? ?

--------------

29999 replies since Jan. 16 2006,11:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (1000) < ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]