RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,11:17   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 01 2019,08:09)
Evolutionary biologists publish something like 1300 papers per day. It's a successful scientific paradigm.

For every "research paper" the intelligent design numbnuts have published in their journal this year, the Young Earth Creationists have published five.

Even by the standards of a pseudoscience they're simply awful at what they do.  :p  :p  :p

Looks like Dembski is back, this time arguing that miracles are evidence for supernatural intervention.  

The Faces of Miracles

He abandoned his "life is Intelligently Designed" schitck since it was going nowhere fast and now has a new angle to gull the rubes.   Evidence for his Christian God just has to be out there somewhere!

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,12:58   

Boo hoo hoo poor Joke back to his military-grade projection.
ET December 1, 2019 at 11:27 am
This is a little off-topic but it is very telling that the anti-ID people will never come here to engage in a debate on which side has the science. Joshua Swamidass nor any of his minions will never ante up. They will just sit behind a wall of moderation and exchange lies, misconceptions and misrepresentations.

Never mind that almost all pro-science posters have been banned at UD.  When will batshit or KF or Barry show up at an uncensored board like here?
When I was allowed to post on PS I said that there wasn’t any scientific theory of evolution. All that happened was I was attacked and then banned. No one ever linked to the alleged scientific theory of evolution.

Actually you got banned from PS for being an asshole.  Then your sockpuppet Frankie got banned.  Then your sockpuppet Sharon Mahoney got banned.  Then your sockpuppet BWhite got banned.  0 for 4 there Joke.   :D

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,15:50   

Occam's Aftershave said, "Never mind that almost all pro-science posters have been banned at UD."

Or have gotten fed-up with all the nonsense, arrogance, self-righteousness, and general ass-hattery, and never bothered to come back.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,16:15   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Dec. 01 2019,15:50)
Occam's Aftershave said, "Never mind that almost all pro-science posters have been banned at UD."

Or have gotten fed-up with all the nonsense, arrogance, self-righteousness, and general ass-hattery, and never bothered to come back.

I gotta believe the clock is ticking on UD and its remaining handful of ignorant yet arrogant nutters.  Barry probably has his hand on the plug ready to pull at any time.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,16:33   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 01 2019,13:58)
Boo hoo hoo poor Joke back to his military-grade projection.
ET December 1, 2019 at 11:27 am
This is a little off-topic but it is very telling that the anti-ID people will never come here to engage in a debate on which side has the science. Joshua Swamidass nor any of his minions will never ante up. They will just sit behind a wall of moderation and exchange lies, misconceptions and misrepresentations.

Never mind that almost all pro-science posters have been banned at UD.  When will batshit or KF or Barry show up at an uncensored board like here?
When I was allowed to post on PS I said that there wasn’t any scientific theory of evolution. All that happened was I was attacked and then banned. No one ever linked to the alleged scientific theory of evolution.

Actually you got banned from PS for being an asshole.  Then your sockpuppet Frankie got banned.  Then your sockpuppet Sharon Mahoney got banned.  Then your sockpuppet BWhite got banned.  0 for 4 there Joke.   :D

In the entire 10-year history of Bio-Complexity it has published 20 or 21 articles. Nick Matzke, one single researcher, has I think 42 publications on his CV?

Yeah it's pretty clear which side has the science.

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,16:41   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 01 2019,12:17)
Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 01 2019,08:09)
Evolutionary biologists publish something like 1300 papers per day. It's a successful scientific paradigm.

For every "research paper" the intelligent design numbnuts have published in their journal this year, the Young Earth Creationists have published five.

Even by the standards of a pseudoscience they're simply awful at what they do.  :p  :p  :p

Looks like Dembski is back, this time arguing that miracles are evidence for supernatural intervention.  

The Faces of Miracles

He abandoned his "life is Intelligently Designed" schitck since it was going nowhere fast and now has a new angle to gull the rubes.   Evidence for his Christian God just has to be out there somewhere!

Do you think Barry ever figured out that right after Dover Uncommon Descent was a depreciating asset and Dembski had to unload it while he could still find a sucker?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 01 2019,16:46   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Dec. 01 2019,16:50)

Hazel emailed me to let me know she was just done with those morons.

Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,02:36   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 02 2019,09:15)

I gotta believe the clock is ticking on UD and its remaining handful of ignorant yet arrogant nutters.  Barry probably has his hand on the plug ready to pull at any time.

You seem to be implying Arrington is not one of the "ignorant yet arrogant nutters" - an assumption that may need to be tested. :)

Anyway, here's an alternative idea to the thought of Barry simply closing UD down: what if he is able to do what Dembski did to him, and unload the site on to someone else? Does anyone here have any ideas on who would be an, er, interesting blog owner there?

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,07:16   

Rob Sheldon on a claim that the Big Bang did not happen

We need to go back to Philip Johnson’s insight 30 years ago. At that time the creationists were all attacking each other over local/global flood, the meaning of “yom”, the historicity of Adam, etc, whereas the Darwinists had a united front–Darwin was a genius. What Johnson discovered, was that the Darwinists had a huge internal battle over nearly every assumption of their model, but politically were unified in their opposition to Creation. By putting his finger on their critical assumption of Methodological Naturalism, which was contrary to nature and to nature’s laws, Johnson was able to unite the creationists behind this cause and turn the tables.

Posted on December 1, 2019 AuthorNews Comment(0)

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,07:58   

Rob is right about Johnson.

I heard Johnson explain all that at a church in 2000. At a public speech the night before he had said that "liberal Christians were worse than atheists because they hid their naturalism behind a veneer of religion." But at the church the next day he made it clear he was going to offer a different perspective: that the old/new earth controversy ought to be set aside in favor of establishing that a Creator is necessary. As he put it, focus on John 1:1 (In the beginning was the Word), not Genesis 1:1. He was very effective, and did set the stage for the rise of Intelligent Design. We saw the whole thing play out in Kansas over the next six years or so.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,10:05   

Quote (Ptaylor @ Dec. 02 2019,02:36)
Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 02 2019,09:15)

You seem to be implying Arrington is not one of the "ignorant yet arrogant nutters" - an assumption that may need to be tested. :)

Anyway, here's an alternative idea to the thought of Barry simply closing UD down: what if he is able to do what Dembski did to him, and unload the site on to someone else? Does anyone here have any ideas on who would be an, er, interesting blog owner there?

News?  KF?  Batshit?  Joke Gallien?

I wonder how much Barry would ask for rights to the site?  Can't imagine it's worth much of anything at all.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,11:34   

Bornagain77December 2, 2019 at 11:03 am
Bob claims,

Especially to someone who, unlike you, actually inhabits the world of empirical science.

LOL, You wouldn’t know empirical, i.e. real world, science if it bit you in the rear end.

If I still worked at the chemical factory that I worked at in Texas, I would fire anyone who treated science as you do. (i.e. ignoring empirical observation when you don’t like what it says), You would be a extreme danger to yourself and everyone else who worked at that chemical factory (not to mention the surrounding neighborhood).

Furthermore, I would do my damnedest to see to it that you never saw the inside of another chemical factory in the Gulf coast area.

And no one in the field would even bat an eye when I told them the reason for you being black-balled!

derp

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,12:14   

Worked at a chemical factory.  That explains a lot about his mental problems.  Kind of an eight hour a day huffing experience, until one day he threw the safty manual away and just put Jesus in charge.  The ensuing explosion blew him clear to Minneapolis.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,13:21   

Quote (CeilingCat @ Dec. 02 2019,12:14)
Worked at a chemical factory.  That explains a lot about his mental problems.  Kind of an eight hour a day huffing experience, until one day he threw the safty manual away and just put Jesus in charge.  The ensuing explosion blew him clear to Minneapolis.

I was thinking his job was Taste Tester in the hazardous waste area.   :)

--------------

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,19:09   

ba77 asking for fitness in si units is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on UD!

Link

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,19:54   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Dec. 02 2019,20:09)
ba77 asking for fitness in si units is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on UD!

[URL=https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/question-for-readers-in-a-world-where-horizontal-gene-transfer-is-an-important-force-what-

becomes-of-dawkinss-selfish-gene/#comment-688921]Link[/URL]

In that same thread he makes fun of Bob O'h for not understanding any science. That's at least equally dumb.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2019,20:10   

Quote (Jkrebs @ Dec. 02 2019,19:09)

[URL=https://uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/question-for-readers-in-a-world-where-horizontal-gene-transfer-is-an-important-force-what-

EG
Maybe I am missing something but what SI units are used to measure irreducible complexity? Or Complex specified information?

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,06:26   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 02 2019,19:54)
Quote (Jkrebs @ Dec. 02 2019,20:09)

In that same thread he makes fun of Bob O'h for not understanding any science. That's at least equally dumb.

Empirical science, please. It's possible he thinks I understand non-empirical science (which is what I guess ID is aiming to become).

I've now hit the "taking the piss" stage on that thread. I'm sorry.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,09:43   

Bob O'HDecember 3, 2019 at 9:36 am
ba77 @ 69 (ooh-err missus) –

Too funny, two atheistic materialists agreeing with me that fitness cannot be physically measured in si units.

Thanks for conceding my point. To remind, YOU GUYS are the ones who are Darwinian materialists, not me! To a Darwinian materialist if something does not have physical properties that can be measured then it simply does not exist.

Having offspring is surely a physical property. Being dead is surely a physical property. We can observe both of these, and they provide the observations to estimate fitness. Your insistence on SI units is just bizarre – physics has a lot of constants that can’t be written in Si units. Are you similarly going to condemn fluid dynamics because Reynolds numbers have no dimension? Or are you going to argue that chemistry needs God because pH exists?

Aside from the fact that ‘counting’ itself is an abstract property of the immaterial mind, Bob apparently thinks that fitness is directly related to how many offspring a organism may have

I’m genuinely struggling to see how you could not understand that fitness is related to the number of offspring. Have you actually tried to learn any basic population genetics?

ha

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,09:45   

BatShit77's understanding of population genetics is every bit as deep and comprehensive as his understanding of Quantum Mechanics.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,10:24   

Ed George December 3, 2019 at 10:20 am

BA77, you have commented at 72, 79, 86, 88, 101, 102, 104 and 105. To save me the effort of reading through 5,877 words, in any of that did you answer the question about what SI units CSI and IC are traceable to?

lol

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,11:26   

Joke's prodigious scientific ignorance on display again:

ET December 3, 2019 at 9:49 am

I would love to see Bob, or any other evo, apply population genetics to show that humans and chimps share a common ancestor. Or the alleged evolution of vision systems

Wrong tool for the job Joke.  Kinda like demanding someone use a toaster to fly across the Atlantic.   :D

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,11:33   

This is a fun quiz--one of the 4 or 5 dozen main evolutionary biology journals is Wiley's journal Evolution . It publishes monthly.

Quiz: Are there more papers published in the entire 10-year history of Intelligent Design journal Bio-Craplexity, or in Evolution since the beginning of October?

:p  :p  :p

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,11:38   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 03 2019,12:26)

I would love to see Bob, or any other evo, apply population genetics to show that humans and chimps share a common ancestor. Or the alleged evolution of vision systems

Wrong tool for the job Joke.  Kinda like demanding someone use a toaster to fly across the Atlantic.   :D

If it weren't for Non Sequiturs, creationists would have no Sequiturs at all.  :p  :p

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,14:11   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Dec. 03 2019,09:26)

This would sort of fill that request;

Welkin E. Johnson and John M. Coffin
1999 "Constructing primate phylogenies from ancient retrovirus sequences" PNAS August 31, 1999 96 (18) 10254-10260;

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,15:40   

Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 03 2019,11:33)
This is a fun quiz--one of the 4 or 5 dozen main evolutionary biology journals is Wiley's journal Evolution . It publishes monthly.

Quiz: Are there more papers published in the entire 10-year history of Intelligent Design journal Bio-Craplexity, or in Evolution since the beginning of October?

A minor correction - the journal is owned by the Society for the Study of Evolution. I don't know what the exact contract is, but Wiley publish it on behalf of the SSE. They also publish the Journal of Evolutionary Biology for ESEB. They've probably had more submissions this month than Biocomplexity has ever had.

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,16:32   

Quote (Bob O'H @ Dec. 03 2019,16:40)
Quote (stevestory @ Dec. 03 2019,11:33)

A minor correction - the journal is owned by the Society for the Study of Evolution. I don't know what the exact contract is, but Wiley publish it on behalf of the SSE. They also publish the Journal of Evolutionary Biology for ESEB. They've probably had more submissions this month than Biocomplexity has ever had.

Bob please answer in SI units. All other answers are invalid.

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,18:32   

RP to ET
You really are a reprehensible little slug. Does anyone who supports ID support your approach to defending it? Barry? KF? BA77? JaD? UB? Do any of you want to stand up for ET’s behavior?

I wonder if anyone will support him. Since none of them do in any of the threads, my prediction is...NO.

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2019,19:34   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Dec. 03 2019,18:32)
RP to ET

You really are a reprehensible little slug. Does anyone who supports ID support your approach to defending it? Barry? KF? BA77? JaD? UB? Do any of you want to stand up for ET’s behavior?

I wonder if anyone will support him. Since none of them do in any of the threads, my prediction is...NO.

KF and batshit and Uptight Blowhard and Barry and the rest will continue to ignore Joke's vile behavior.  No matter how much of an asshole Joke decides to be he's still on Team IDiot, and they need all the supporters they can get.

--------------

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 04 2019,15:55   

PearlmanDecember 4, 2019 at 3:25 pm
I am thinking either links to early creation where it had not yet rained outside Eden so the vegetation had not yet breeched above land,
or to the 1656 transition period, where smaller dinos had shorter lifespans and or faster population growth, thus more small dino remnants
or early 1656 anno mundi Mabul, where larger dinos were not as easily drowned, swept away in the initial stage/s of the widespread rain.
reference the YeC Moshe Emes series for Torah and science alignment.
Science!

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]