RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (527) < ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 5, Return To Teh Dingbat Buffet< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 25 2016,12:08   

Re: Moran

We already did ID as a science in Matt Young, Taner Edis (Contributing Editors), 2004  "Why Intelligent Design Fails: A Scientific Critique of the New Creationism" Rutgers University Press.

My contribution, Chapter 8 “The explanatory filter, Archaeology, and Forensics” was used in the 2005 Dover ID trial. Wes Elsberry was there as was Nic Matzke. Wes was also a contributor to "Why ID fails."

We did ID fails as science by strictly addressing it as science. Maybe Moran should do some reading.

Edited by Dr.GH on Mar. 25 2016,10:09

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 25 2016,12:41   

Mycoplasma mycoides Just Destroyed Evolution

linky

Edited by stevestory on Mar. 25 2016,13:42

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 25 2016,13:28   

ellazimmMarch 25, 2016 at 2:11 am

Mapou #80

All Darwinists are dirt worshipping morons. LOL

Except that no is saying life arouse from dirt.

I know you’ve made up your mind and arguing with you is a waste of time but I can’t understand how the moderators of this site continue to let you get away with abusive language and behaviour. I guess you’re special.

linky

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 25 2016,14:04   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 25 2016,12:41)

linky

Closely followed by the through gut of a comb jelly destroying evolution. I don't know how evolution will ever survive Hunter's extensive research.

Evolution destroyed

CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,05:00   

Quote (Acartia_Bogart @ Mar. 25 2016,14:04)

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 25 2016,12:41)

linky

Closely followed by the through gut of a comb jelly destroying evolution. I don't know how evolution will ever survive Hunter's extensive research.

Evolution destroyed

I think Corny's first evolution destroying discovery was something about the extinct marsupial "wolf", thylacine.  Something about it having the miraculous (and undoubtedly God-given) ability to turn into a different species by facing in a different direction.

That didn't turn out well, though.  If I remember right, when the dust settled on that fiasco Dembski had the ID sweater championship sewn up and Cornelius didn't get to fart on any ID animations.

Of course, today Corny is still employed and Dembski is learning a lesson.  Or something.  Sic transit gloria tard.

P.S. Edited for comma conservation.

Edited by CeilingCat on Mar. 26 2016,05:05

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,10:47   

ellazimm

March 26, 2016 at 9:16 am

UD moderators

I would like to know why Mapou is allowed to refer to other commentators as he does in #89

You people are not just a dirt worshippers, you are a bunch of lying, door-to-door missionaries with stupid beady eyes, selling holy dirt.

If I used such language you would bounce me out lickity-split.

I’m sure you would love to shut me off but I am indeed special, compared to a bunch of small-cranium, cargo-cult primitives in need of remedial math. I speak what’s on my mind, whether or not I am banned by UD moderators. If you don’t like it, go pack sand somewhere and see if I care. LOL

Can you honestly say Mapou is following your guidelines for participation in UD?

And from #91

The search space increases exponentially with every new variable. The combinatorial explosion just crushed your little chicken feather voodoo religion. Go back to school and learn some simple math, you tree-dwelling primitive.

Is this really the sort of style you wish to uphold here?
linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,10:51   

Indiana EffigyMarch 26, 2016 at 9:37 am
Mapou: “ I speak what’s on my mind, ..”

Given your limited vocabulary and ideas, this is painfully obvious.

“The combinatorial explosion just crushed your little chicken feather voodoo religion.”

This pet concept of yours (one of your two catchphrases) was soundly destroyed over on Dr. Hunter’s blog. Your intelligent and well thought out response was your second response.

As the moderators here apparently have no desire to prevent your abusive comments, this will be my last response to one of your comments until you have something informative to say.

linky

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,18:33   

MapouMarch 26, 2016 at 12:41 pm
Me_Think:

Mapou @ 16

In the foreseeable future, when our knowledge will have increased and physicists finally wake up from their stupor, we will develop technologies that will allow us to travel instantly from anywhere to anywhere without going through the intervening positions

That’s possible only via a wormhole (Einstein-Rosen bridges) or by going into higher dimension. Which of those two do you believe in?

The wormhole concept is Star-Trek voodoo physics created by clueless crackpots in the physics community who never learned the truth about spacetime being a block universe in which nothing happens. Karl Popper and many others told them about this inconvenient little truth many years ago but the crackpots love their little crackpot world too much to give it up. So they keep perpetuating the lie. And why shouldn’t they? It’s a cash cow to them. Also, the public just love being fleeced by the likes of Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne and the entire physics community. They just can’t have enough of the time travel, gravitational wave and wormhole fairy tales.

If distance does not exist (it doesn’t), we live in a nonspatial reality. This means that the position of a particle is not a property of space but an intrinsic property of the particle itself, just like mass, charge or any other intrinsic property. Ordinary motion consists of changing the particle’s positional property to an adjacent value. There is no reason, however, that the position of a particle cannot be changed by an arbitrary value. I expect that, one day in the not too distant future, when the physics community finally take their heads out of their asteroids, we will find a way to do just that. Imagine being able to move instantly from New York to Beijing or from earth to the moon or to Mars. It will be a different world, to say the least.

In a way, reality is not unlike a 3D video game. The software objects in the game do not move anywhere in memory. Only their positional properties change.

Just saying. Take it or leave it.

PS. To those of the Christian persuasion, there is a story in the New Testament that mentions instantaneous teleportation.

mapou is completely bonkers.

Dr.GH

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,20:07   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 26 2016,16:33)
If distance does not exist (it doesn’t), we live in a nonspatial reality. This means that the position of a particle is not a property of space but an intrinsic property of the particle itself, just like mass, charge or any other intrinsic property. Ordinary motion consists of changing the particle’s positional property to an adjacent value.

mapou is completely bonkers.

I have brain itch.  :(

--------------
"Science is the horse that pulls the cart of philosophy."

L. Susskind, 2004 "SMOLIN VS. SUSSKIND: THE ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE"

Jkrebs

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,20:52   

A true crackpot.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,21:36   

Position, an "intrinsic property"?? But moving a particle changes the distance between it and most other particles. Position is simply distances from some chosen reference points.

Besides, what I gather from physics is that what we think of as particles may just be distortions of space-time, rather than being distinct objects that happen to interact with each other.

Woodbine

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2016,22:51   

I expect that, one day in the not too distant future, when the physics community finally take their heads out of their asteroids, we will find a way to do just that. Imagine being able to move instantly from New York to Beijing or from earth to the moon or to Mars. It will be a different world, to say the least.

Isn't this called 'Jaunting'?

Mapou's turning into a sort of Sith JAD. Great fun to watch.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,01:27   

Quote (Woodbine @ Mar. 26 2016,20:51)
Mapou's turning into a sort of Sith JAD. Great fun to watch.

Mapou is a steaming pile of Sith.

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

JAM

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,13:56   

Quote (k.e.. @ Mar. 24 2016,11:48)

The message remains. ID is a religious movement plain and simple. God's can't be tested for. They already know that.

The message remains, but does it work on the public? How many minds have YOU changed with it?

Does the public know that ID is a religious movement?

Who is "they"? The ID people? Of course they know that!

Holy crap! Is your mind so closed that you think that I'm proposing a way to change the minds of the leaders of the ID movement?

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,14:18   

Mapou

March 27, 2016 at 1:05 pm

“According to Einstein’s doctrine the world is a finite four dimensional sphere full with force-lines. No motion is possible in it since time is one of its geometrical dimensions, and there is no external time.”
Source: Methodologia (pdf) by Dr. Uri Fidelman.

Why is the physics community allowed to continue with its lies? Why are we giving this bunch of con artists billions of dollars of our hard earned money to come up with more BS results that will never benefit the taxpayers?

PS. We, the taxpayers, should form a legal fund and take the thieves to court. We can win this.

mapou's going to...what?...reverse class action the physics community?

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,18:34   

Quote (stevestory @ Mar. 27 2016,14:18)
Mapou

March 27, 2016 at 1:05 pm

“According to Einstein’s doctrine the world is a finite four dimensional sphere full with force-lines. No motion is possible in it since time is one of its geometrical dimensions, and there is no external time.”
Source: Methodologia (pdf) by Dr. Uri Fidelman.

Why is the physics community allowed to continue with its lies? Why are we giving this bunch of con artists billions of dollars of our hard earned money to come up with more BS results that will never benefit the taxpayers?

PS. We, the taxpayers, should form a legal fund and take the thieves to court. We can win this.

mapou's going to...what?...reverse class action the physics community?

Mapou has been in an epic meltdown mode at both UD and Hunter's blog. With narry a word from the moderators of either site about his behaviour.

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,18:56   

What, has moderation ceased to be a virtue?

Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,20:45   

Mapou, in an impotent response to ellazim, with that special Gil Dodgen kind of stupid:
It is also a lie that infinity is used in Fourier Analysis and topology. I use Fast Fourier Transforms all the time in my speech recognition research and I can assure you that my computer is finite and discrete and there is no infinity in it. So you are lying again, as you always do.

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

Henry J

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,21:04   

Has he also said that infinity can't actually exist because an infinite set would stay the same size when a finite number of elements are removed from it?

(I've seen that "logic" from a science denier some time back.)

Acartia_Bogart

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 27 2016,22:39   

Quote (Jim_Wynne @ Mar. 27 2016,20:45)
Mapou, in an impotent response to ellazim, with that special Gil Dodgen kind of stupid:

It is also a lie that infinity is used in Fourier Analysis and topology. I use Fast Fourier Transforms all the time in my speech recognition research and I can assure you that my computer is finite and discrete and there is no infinity in it. So you are lying again, as you always do.

Scientists have tried for years to develop software that would recognize intelligent speech in anything Mapou says

Bob O'H

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2016,03:38   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 27 2016,18:56)

You ask that HERE??!

--------------
It is fun to dip into the various threads to watch cluelessness at work in the hands of the confident exponent. - Soapy Sam (so say we all)

NoName

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 28 2016,07:55   

Quote (Henry J @ Mar. 27 2016,19:56)

What, you're looking for virtue THERE??!

Learned Hand

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,17:15   

LinkedIn just suggested Dr. Dembski to me as a possible connection; he's listed as working with Erasmus Communications. I googled it to see what's up, and...

https://trademarks.justia.com/866....70.html

Wiffball?

Occam's Aftershave

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,17:41   

Quote (Learned Hand @ Mar. 29 2016,17:15)
LinkedIn just suggested Dr. Dembski to me as a possible connection; he's listed as working with Erasmus Communications. I googled it to see what's up, and...

https://trademarks.justia.com/866........70.html

Wiffball?

Apparently he's the president and CEO of Erasmus Communications.  His wife is the VP.  Check out this diagram of the company's connections, including a link to another ??? company owned by Robert J. Marks

Dembski's new company

IANAL but if I had to guess it would be "bogus corporation / tax shelter"

--------------
"CO2 can't re-emit any trapped heat unless all the molecules point the right way"
"All the evidence supports Creation baraminology"
"If it required a mind, planning and design, it isn't materialistic."
"Jews and Christians are Muslims."

- Joke "Sharon" Gallien, world's dumbest YEC.

OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,18:56   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 29 2016,17:41)

Wiffball?

Apparently he's the president and CEO of Erasmus Communications.  His wife is the VP.  Check out this diagram of the company's connections, including a link to another ??? company owned by Robert J. Marks

Dembski's new company

Demsbki and Marks have a trademark with Darwinalia LLC...

"EVOLUTION IN A BOX

Novelty items, namely, plastic box containing dirt to be sold to general consumers for testing the theory of evolution

Owned by: Darwinalia LLC

Serial Number: 78888478"
https://trademarks.justia.com/owners....2033744

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

Texas Teach

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,19:23   

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 29 2016,18:56)

Wiffball?

Dembski's new company

"EVOLUTION IN A BOX

Novelty items, namely, plastic box containing dirt to be sold to general consumers for testing the theory of evolution

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners.....2033744

I guess you can't trademark farty noises.

--------------
"Creationists think everything Genesis says is true. I don't even think Phil Collins is a good drummer." --J. Carr

"I suspect that the English grammar books where you live are outdated" --G. Gaulin

Lethean

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,21:33   

Quote (Texas Teach @ Mar. 29 2016,19:23)

Quote (OgreMkV @ Mar. 29 2016,18:56)

Wiffball?

Dembski's new company

"EVOLUTION IN A BOX

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners.....2033744

I guess you can't trademark farty noises.

Well, if you arrange the tones in a relatively unique order you can copyright them.

--------------
"So I'm a pretty unusual guy and it's not stupidity that has gotten me where I am. It's brilliance."

"My brain is one of the very few independent thinking brains that you've ever met. And that's a thing of wonder to you and since you don't understand it you criticize it."

~Dave Hawkins~

Learned Hand

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 29 2016,23:12   

Wiffball?

Dembski's new company

Nothing bogus about doing business through a corporate shell! It's what it's there for. And honestly, I doubt these guys are making enough to benefit much from creative tax architecture.

fnxtr

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 30 2016,00:35   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 29 2016,15:41)

Wiffball?

Dembski's new company

Other Companies Found at Same Address

.. see if you can guess...

--------------
"[A] book said there were 5 trillion witnesses. Who am I supposed to believe, 5 trillion witnesses or you? That shit's, like, ironclad. " -- stevestory

"Wow, you must be retarded. I said that CO2 does not trap heat. If it did then it would not cool down at night."  Joe G

stevestory

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 30 2016,09:36   

Indiana EffigyMarch 30, 2016 at 5:38 am
KF: “Scorched earth rhetorical tactics are a sign of a desperate retreat, just as say the Russians did in the face of the advancing panzers in 1941. KF”

Based on your statement, Mapou’s antics must be a confirmation that ID is in full retreat.

linky

15792 replies since Dec. 29 2013,11:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (527) < ... 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]