RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   
  Topic: Invidious comparisons, The polemics of "intelligent design"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Wesley R. Elsberry

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 19 2008,16:56   

Dembski Deploys the "Stalinist" Metaphor Yet Again

CA: Are there any major universities supporting the work of ID proponents? If not, why not?

WD: Previously I would have said that universities donít so much support ID as tolerate it if the faculty member doing ID research has tenure. But I canít say that any longer. Robert Marksís Evolutionary Informatics Lab had a presence on the Baylor server until the work of the lab was linked to ID (there had been anonymous complaints), at which point the Baylor administration went into Marksís webspace and, without his permission, removed the EIL site from his space on the Baylor server. For the whole sordid story, which gained national media attention and will be featured in the upcoming Ben Stein documentary (www.expelledthemovie.com), go to my blog Uncommon Descent (http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/media-coverage-baylor-robert-marks-and-the-evolutionary-informatics-lab/). Mind you, Robert Marksís title is Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineeringóhe doesnít just have tenure but he is (or was) a star professor at Baylor. In any case, Marks still remains at his university. Untenured faculty are not so fortunate. In the case of faculty members who support ID and donít have tenure, most universities make sure that they donít get tenure (the tenure denial of Guillermo Gonzalez at Iowa State University is latest instance). Why this opposition? Darwinists have been very successful at demonizing anyone who dissents from their materialistic view of evolution. They have essentially established a Stalinist regime over the western academy.

Hat tip to JLT.

Edited by Wesley R. Elsberry on Jan. 19 2008,16:58

--------------
"You can't teach an old dogma new tricks." - Dorothy Parker

49 replies since May 07 2002,10:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]