RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (25) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Jerry Don Bauer's Thread, Lather, Rinse, Repeat< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Jim_Wynne

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2012,10:57   

Quote (Jerry Don Bauer @ Dec. 02 2012,09:23)
The overwhelming evidence I need to accept ID is already here and all around us: look at the fossil record. Saltation has been evidenced in the fossil record ever since someone thought to compile and analyze a fossil record.

Of course, you won't get a naturalist on this board to admit it: but there is NOTHING in the fossil record to suggest that more complex organisms evolved from some more primitive common ancestor. It's just not there. There is no gradualistic evolution at all in it.

Jerry, you don't know dick about the fossil record. You're just repeating what you've heard from your brethren in the pews.  You get your science from Jack Chick.

Several years ago I read a piece from the execrable John Woodmorappe (not his real name because of his fear of being EXPELLED, allegedly) in which he listed what he claimed were no fewer than 100 "misplaced" fossils.   A gross example of a misplaced fossil would be the celebrated Precambrian rabbit.  
Knowing that he was full of shit, I picked one from his list more or less at random to see what I could find out.  What it was wasn't a misplaced fossil at all, but rather a fossil that was older than the previously oldest known specimen, by 100,000 years or so.  The stratum it was found in was correct and as predicted.  So what the idiot was saying was that if you have some fossil specimen that's the oldest known example, and someone finds an older one, it's a "misplaced" fossil and CREATIONISM WINS!!!1!!

I'm afraid that this kind of utterly despicable dishonesty is what we can expect from creationists who tell us all that's wrong about the fossil record.  There is absolutely no reason to believe that you're any different.  You should STFU about the fossil record until you can demonstrate that you're smarter than a talking parrot.  :angry:

--------------
Evolution is not about laws but about randomness on happanchance.--Robert Byers, at PT

740 replies since Nov. 21 2012,08:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (25) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]