RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Creating CSI with NS, H T T H H H T H T T H H H H T T T< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Richardthughes

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 20 2012,16:25   

Quote (Jerry Don Bauer @ Nov. 20 2012,16:22)
Quote (OgreMkV @ Nov. 20 2012,16:02)
Jerry, let me tell you a story.

I'm doing some work right now and one of the things I had to do was compute the escape velocity for the asteroid Vesta4.  So, I got the mean radius and the approximate mass and ended up with an escape velocity of 363 and change m/s.  I thought, that's way to high, I must have made a mistake.

I figured and a looked up G and verified it.  I verified the equation I was using.  I got some other people to check my math and they agreed with me.  

We fussed on this for three days.

Then, I got a bright idea.  I looked up the escape velocity for Vesta.  Amazingly, NASA recently sent a mission there.  Turns out, the math was right... it was my thinking that was wrong.

The moral of the story is that thinking can be wrong.  So, why don't you give us the formulas so we can actually do the math.

Oh wait, you can't do that because we all know IT DOESN'T EXIST.

Again...A post that shows you are simply lost in this discussion...the formulas to what? We are not dealing with anything that uses formulas.

And WHAT doesn't exist, probablility mathematics? If you think this you might consider another vocation....

I LOVE THESE CSI IS REAL BUT MUST DO DO ANY MATH SHITFESTS.

--------------
"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
"...it was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

128 replies since Oct. 06 2012,18:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]