RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: The De-tard, like trying to drink all the beer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
dvunkannon

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 04 2012,13:00   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Oct. 02 2012,12:48)
Quote (dvunkannon @ Oct. 02 2012,10:49)
Hopefully relevant comments:

1 - I de-tarded and left the practice of Orthodox Judaism at about the same time. Modern Orthodoxy has a "Torah U'Maadah" (basically Revealed Truth and Science) theme that kept me going in the religion for a while. I was living in the center of the Yeshiva University world that focused on thinkers like Maimonides, who the YU crowd thought of as an ultra-rationalist though he still accepted biblical literalism.

2 - I de-tarded mostly in reaction to the more virulent creationists I was exposed to, and needing to make choices about what to tell my children about the world.

3 - I enjoy jousting with tards on the internet. I've learned a lot, which is the best part.

4 - I'm spending more time now at WUWT tweaking climate tards. No need to sock up. From what I've seen there, climatard is mostly motivated by political concerns related to loss of privilege. And some deep paranoia. Some of those climatards really are convinced that all scientists are Liberals taking orders from Moscow Central. Pure 50s John Bircher vital bodily fluids bullshit. None appeal to their religion, God has given us dominion, etc.

5 - I don't expect any climatard I have an exchange with to de-tard, just retire to smoldering resentment and silence. The social value beyond my own entertainment value comes entirely from the onlookers, and WUWT has way more onlookers than UD. I do have a hope that climatard is easier to de-tard than creotard. There is more cause and effect to the science, and you can rub their noses in the effects more easily than with evolution.

all this

thanks for sharing and i can't get enough of the climate tards. †somebody should be studying these people

WUWT has analogs for many of our favorite UD characters.

Joe G = Smokey
FtK = Pamela Gray, Lucy Skywalker
DaveScot = DaveScot

However, most are versions of Barrogant Barry Arrington. Some are cranks who contribute a response to almost every OP, pushing their version of Climate Time Cube - think BA^77 without quotes and music videos. There is no KF yet!

--------------
Iím referring to evolution, not changes in allele frequencies. - Cornelius Hunter
Iím not an evolutionist, Iím a change in allele frequentist! - Nakashima

123 replies since Sep. 26 2012,08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]