RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: The De-tard, like trying to drink all the beer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2012,15:25   

Don't you know many people with religious beliefs that are not creationists, under your definition of creationist?

I think "t.a.r.d." as in The Argument Regarding Design is a good descriptor of creationism, and i agree that you could talk me into accepting that it describes most religious beliefs, but I don't think I could agree that it describes all religious beliefs.  

What I have found immensely enjoyable, of late, is that T.A.R.D. also describes the fake climate skeptics.  And they behave the same was as the other creationists.  

I s'pose the best barometer of "Whether internetting tards causes them to de-tard" would be a metric of how many folks abandon creationisms yet don't abandon their religious beliefs altogether.

It's hard to get data on that one.  Easier to find those who have abandoned religious beliefs altogether because they are usually vocal and pissed off about it.  Why de-tards aren't is what is curious.

Edited by Erasmus, FCD on Oct. 01 2012,16:30

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

123 replies since Sep. 26 2012,08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]