RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: The De-tard, like trying to drink all the beer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
JohnW

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 01 2012,11:34   

Quote (Erasmus, FCD @ Sep. 29 2012,06:42)
Quote (midwifetoad @ Sep. 29 2012,08:01)
Consider the alternative, that no one on the internet opposed the Discovery Institute. Or no blogs responding to creationist claims. No parodies of the creation museum.

Yes I like that.

I offer the possibility that were this the case, nothing would be different in terms of

1.  sheer number of tards
2.  rates of de-tard

Of course we would have to test these hypotheses and I am eager for the opportunity.

We also need to consider the rate of tard production (tardogenesis?)

Nothing we do will shift the hardcore tards.  They didn't get where they are via reason and evidence, and they're not going anywhere else that way.  They're all either pure culture-warriors who neither know nor care about science (Denyse) or are deluded about their scientific abilities to the point of mental illness (batshit77).  Either way, they're hopeless cases.

But I like to think we can have some effect on the newbies: people who've heard about IDC online or at church and like the sound of this new science which proves Jesus.  We won't stop them all, but we're probably stopping some.

--------------
Math is just a language of reality. Its a waste of time to know it.
- Robert Byers

123 replies since Sep. 26 2012,08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]