RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: The De-tard, like trying to drink all the beer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 28 2012,23:46   

I don't expect many to de-tard. Especially, if they are beyond a certain age. TARD belongs to a person's religious beliefs and feelings which are both part of the personality which develops latest in early adult years. To change this usually requires some incident in personal l life. Just reading science will not suffice. I guess it is much easier to go in the other direction and usually contains some delusional Damascus road experience. In addition, Christians are prepared to welcome seekers.  E.g., GilDodgen. However, for the time being going TARD in adulthood seems to be some US specialty.  Maybe it is due to the 30 year war which ended with the “cuius regio, eius religio” rule but where I live people would be embarrassed by publicly outing themselves as born again Christians especially, when crying and whining is involved. Unfortunately, this doesn’t mean that the public is scientifically more literate. TARD just comes as eso-, new age, scifi TARD. However, these forms are much less virulent than the Only One Truth TARD© because these guys just don’t care about science and aren’t interested in the science curriculum at all.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

123 replies since Sep. 26 2012,08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]