RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: The De-tard, like trying to drink all the beer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 26 2012,11:51   

Quote (keiths @ Sep. 26 2012,12:38)
To observe someone in flagrante detardo, check out JLAfan2001 in this thread at UD.

Note the lame attempts by the UDers to assuage his or her doubts.

Best wishes to you, JLAfan2001.

your sock detector doesn't go off on that thread?

mine does!  If i were to sock up and go visiting the tardbin that is precisely the hat I would wear.

JLAfan2001September 2, 2012 at 11:08 am

Timaeus

Sorry for the late reply. I think tjguy echoes my thoughts as you already know. Yes, I am beginning to reject the faith primarily based on what science is uncovering but also what you are bringing up too. You seem to reject a literal reading of Genesis while others don’t. What makes your reading more valid than a literalist? If we all have our different views of scripture then where does truth lie in all of it? It becomes as subjective as atheism. Why does CS Lewis or GK Chesterton have it right and Ham or Morris doesn’t? I had no idea that ID proponents reject the flood. That makes me question the bible even more. Why do we accept the creation and flood accounts as stories and not the gospels? Jesus was real, sure, but maybe the accounts are exaggerated especially if they were written some 40 years later. This is why athiests laugh at theists. The evidence is piling up that the bible isn’t true and theists continue to make excuses. If Adam and Eve was mythical then why did Jesus die? If not for penal substitution then why? I can give you my email address but I’m almost looking for you to convince me now that Christianity is right rather than looking to change what I believe. What makes you so convinced that God is real?

If i am wrong I would love to know!  JLAfan2001 you out there?

ETA:  note the mastery of the tard, JLAfan2001 convinces several different posters to write an enormous amount of material in response to several innocently posed questions or comments.  classic tard mining tactic to expose the seams quickly and to allow the continuous mining machine to strategically reposition in order to auger the deepest possible amount of tard from the face of the deposit.

ETAA:  I don't have a method for detecting false-positives here so maybe this is confirmation bias.  After all, Poe and it is UD.  But I'd just say, further, that if JLAfan is real (and my general de-tard hypothesis is correct) then his propensity to question is what is driving de-tard, not so much as the answers.

Edited by Erasmus, FCD on Sep. 26 2012,12:59

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

123 replies since Sep. 26 2012,08:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]