RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (11) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The official Post Atheism Movement starts now< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
carlsonjok

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 29 2011,11:01   

Quote (Roland Anderson @ Nov. 29 2011,10:38)
Or rather that when a piece of minor but nevertheless real belittling of women's abilities takes place and this is pointed out, the shouting down of the pointing out totally drowns out everything else?

What exactly are you after?  Every depiction of an unsympathetic character in popular culture must necessarily be male?  Or would you rather that all cartoon characters be Shmoos?

I think you're getting rather close here to saying that the people pointing it out are just doing it to annoy you. That position has unfortunate implications in my opinion.

No.  What I am saying is perfectly encapsulated in the paragraph that you didn't quote. Equality won't be obtained by seeking out grievances to nurse, but through achievement.

--------------
It's natural to be curious about our world, but the scientific method is just one theory about how to best understand it.  We live in a democracy, which means we should treat every theory equally. - Steven Colbert, I Am America (and So Can You!)

315 replies since Nov. 23 2011,18:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (11) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]