RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (13) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Southstar's thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 25 2011,13:48   

Quote (Southstar @ Nov. 25 2011,12:26)

Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Nov. 25 2011,12:10)
The answer to that is simply this (or a simple answer is), one position is 100% faith and the other is <100% faith.

If they want to go with ideas that have not changed in 2000+ years then good luck to them. I personally don't find that very intellectually fulfilling or interesting.

no that's a deathtrap that's exactly what they want you to say.

'Caus then the answer is: ahh see firstly he admits it's mostely faith, so people all those studies he dished out that's all faith based. †Our ideas don't change because they are right you change your ideas all the time cause you're never right. So since most schools by your admission teach a faith, so why not teach a realy faith... the one with all the cookies, that we got.

Don't want to go there...

Yes, of course.

However it depends on how you define "right".

Was Newton right or wrong?

Was Einstein?

It's not that we're "never right" it's rather that the accuracy of our rightness is constantly increasing whereas theirs is static and unchanging.

So if they are in fact wrong (as somebody has to be as not all religions can be right by definition) the chances of them actually finding that out is zero. So they are potentially wasting their lives worshipping the wrong god.

But sure, it's not the place to go with these people but perhaps the "ever increasing rightness" is something worth mentioning.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki......._giants

Dwarfs standing on the shoulders of giants (Latin: nanos gigantium humeris insidentes) is a Western metaphor meaning "One who develops future intellectual pursuits by understanding the research and works created by notable thinkers of the past," a contemporary interpretation. However, the metaphor was first recorded in the twelfth century and attributed to Bernard of Chartres.[1] It was famously uttered by seventeenth-century scientist Isaac Newton (see below). The picture is derived from the Greek mythology where the blind giant Orion carried his servant Cedalion on his shoulders.

They've had since the beginning of recorded history and how did they do? Since the enlightenment progress in understanding our universe has been somewhat more rapid.

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

366 replies since Nov. 08 2011,06:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (13) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]