RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   
  Topic: Lend me your brains., Yes, you.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 10 2011,07:10   

Quote (Schroedinger's Dog @ Nov. 10 2011,02:40)
Although I'll conceed that "3" and "Resurection" are big pieces of crapolla (except for Resurection's photography, mindblowing as always with Jeunet and Caro), I'll also argue that Aliens is a masterpiece on its own. The scenario, the acting (Paxton FTW), the dialogues, the xenomorphs design (esp. the Queen) and the Fenwick Power-Fucking-Loader all add up for an excellent movie.

Point is, what made the first movie so fascinating was its oppressive and mysterious athmosphere, with no particular details about the Acheronis. It allowed each viewer to create their own mythology, as you just exposed yours, which I find very interesting. The second movie built on very scarce ressources in term of information regarding the "Alien Culture", and Cameron did a wonderful job of it, IMO. It's a bit like Predator and Predator 2, in these regards. Loved the first movie for its ambience, loved the second one for the implications of the Predator being a sport hunter (included in the trophies at the end of the movie: a Rancor and yes, an Acheronis Pungent).

Now, the only real question is: are we waaaay off topic or what?!?

Wait!?!?!?

What the crap?

You're telling me that there are two OTHER Alien movies?  You have got to be kidding me.  Drunk, that's it... you're drunk.

You know, in a similar vein, I had other people telling me there was a second Highlander movie too.  Some people just should not discuss movies while taking drugs.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

54 replies since Nov. 05 2011,16:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]