RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Feminism, Discussion on feminism and concepts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Southstar

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 02 2011,01:01   

Quote (Verbena @ Dec. 01 2011,15:32)
[quote=Robin,Dec. 01 2011,14:51] [quote=Verbena,Dec. 01 2011,14:15]

Hi Everyone,

Having lived in africa for most of my life I can tell you that there is no advantage between man and woman in surviving in the savannah.
A pack of lions would easily kill even the strongest man.
I would see no advantage at all in being a man in a crocodile attack.
Snakes would bite both without hesitating and both would have equal chance of dieing.
A Hippo running at 60Km/h would flatten man/woman alike.
Incidentely the highest number of deaths today is linked to Hippos. And yes mostely are women but only because it is the womans job to go get the water from the river or wash clothes.

The only advantage I can think of is when technology comes into play. Things like heavy armour, bows, heavy swords and the like would might put a woman at a disadvantage. I say might because it would depend on the upbringing.

Lastly the example of lions is quite interesting as the females are the ones that do all the work. They hunt and take care of young. They are less heavy than male lions but have developed teamwork as a tradeoff for muscle power.

--------------
"Cows who know a moose when they see one will do infinitely better than a cow that pairs with a moose because they cannot see the difference either." Gary Gaulin

122 replies since Nov. 03 2011,11:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]