RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Feminism, Discussion on feminism and concepts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 03 2011,11:15   

As Louis notes, this is an important topic. As there are a number of concepts associated with feminism and given the apparent strong feelings and lengthy posts the topic can engender, I felt that it would be useful to remove the topic from the bathroom wall and give it a place where the comments don't get muddled or lost in other social discussions.

I freely admit that I'm a n00b on this subject and apparently lack even the basic vocabulary (so I've discovered in reading a few blogs) to accurately articulate some of the concepts. I'm hoping that by creating this place for discussion, folks who are not all that knowledgeable about the subject can read for clear reference and post questions. In other words, I'm hoping that this becomes a place where the signal to noise ratio on the concepts surrounding feminism can remain high.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

122 replies since Nov. 03 2011,11:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]