Topic: forastero's thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 22 2011,14:53   

Quote (forastero @ Oct. 22 2011,13:11)
Quote (OgreMkV @ Oct. 22 2011,08:38)
Quote (forastero @ Oct. 21 2011,22:14)
explosions

Dude,

Explain, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, the difference between hyper-inflation and a matter/anti-matter explosion.

If you can't do this, then you don't understand what scientists are talking about.

I'll add that when a scientist is talking (much like we're doing here), the scientist must reduce the technical language and use more common words that the listeners understand so as not to confuse the listeners and not to bore them.  Unfortunately, this often reduces the accuracy of the statements by the scientists... which is then quote-mine fodder for jerks like you who don't understand (or don't care) that they are taking things out of context.

For example, I have often used the word explosion in referring to the Big Bang... to 3rd graders.  After that, I use inflation, often demonstrating with a balloon.

If you really want to talk cosmology, then let's talk about it, but let's talk about it using the actual terms and technical language.  If you can't do that, then you have no business using it as any kind of argument because you don't understand it.

To continue, please explain, IN YOUR OWN WORDS, what symmetry breaking is, in context of the early universe.  Explain why it's important and the role the both inflation and gravity may have played in it.

Again, if you can't do that, then I really suggest you quit using words that you don't understand.

Hmm..you want evidence and I give evidence. Tou want citations and I give citations. Now you want in my own words but that first paragraph to Robbin on the big bang was my own words.

...but funny how you only provide opinion

I'm sorry, you failed to actually answer the questions.

Again, explain the following IN YOUR OWN words.

hyper-inflation
explosion
symmetry breaking (in terms of the 3 minute universe)

I'll also note that you completely FAIL to understand the concept of 'explosion' as metaphor.

The Cambrian 'explosion' lasted for some 50 million odd years.  That's a heck of an explosion.  Why don't YOU show that you understand this by posting the lengths of those 'explosions' you mentioned.  

Funny how EVERYTHING I say can be cited and nothing you claim (except for metaphor) is.  You haven't asked for citations.  Further, if you did, then I predict you would use the classic creationist tactic of demanding evidence for something that no biologist thinks happened anyway... for example, your erroneous thinking that fruit flies should mutate into dogs eventually.

Look, it's very simple.  You are trying to argue some seriously advanced concepts without even a freshman high school student's understanding of the basics.

Why don't we get the basics down first?

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

1510 replies since Oct. 21 2011,05:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (51) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]