RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Mark Frank

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 27 2012,02:10   

Quote (Ptaylor @ Nov. 26 2012,17:55)
What is it with some of these IDiots and their mind-numbingly long posts? VJ Torley has written yet another response to whomever Libby Anne is: Libby Anne (part 3): A reply to her article, “How I lost faith in the pro-life movement”. It is way TLDR; it took me several minutes just to scroll-wheel my way to the bottom, during which time I was able to gather that its theme is (anti) abortion.
You can follow this UD link if you want, but from what I could gather it is all summed up in this concluding summary:    

In this post, I have carefully examined the empirical arguments made by Libby Anne to buttress her pro-choice position, and I have found them wanting.

I think you could have saved everybody, including yourself, VJ, a lot of time by skipping straight to that.

22,000 words + pictures (54 pages of A4 if I had printed it) - and this is only one part in three.

According to Wikipedia The Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America specifies word lengths for each category of its Nebula award categories.

Novel over 40,000 words
Novella 17,500 to 40,000 words
Novelette 7,500 to 17,500 words
Short story under 7,500 words

Maybe vj is planning to submit it as a fantasy novel.

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]