RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 26 2012,22:09   

Quote (Patrick @ Nov. 25 2012,20:03)
Quote (Kattarina98 @ Nov. 22 2012,04:04)
Quote (Richardthughes @ Nov. 21 2012,13:32)

I suppose they have not liked the situation where in recent weeks we have had some useful and reasonably civil exchanges here at UD under living room rules, giving the lie to their drumbeat accusations of censorship.

Doesn't Mr. leathers enforce "living rooms rules" at your house, Gordon E. Mullings?

This couldn't possibly be due to your extensively discussing Lizzie's blog because your lot had run out of topics that could maintain some scientific pretense and were reduced to discussions about "How To Go To Heaven"?

No, perish the thought!

Indeed.  The threads on Lizzie's blog are keeping UD off of life support.  That's not a good thing.

My personal view is that if the UD denizens aren't willing to come out of their padded echo chamber then the reality based community shouldn't engage them seriously.  We shouldn't be sanctioning, even implicitly, the gross lack of respect for the free exchange of ideas exemplified by the censors at UD.

Let them fester in their own excrement.

i for one am fucking ecstatic that this thread has become so meta that we don't even have to actually read UD to talk about how legitimately stupid it is

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]