RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 09 2012,22:31   

Quote (The whole truth @ Oct. 08 2012,16:53)

Quote (damitall @ Oct. 08 2012,14:23)

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Oct. 08 2012,16:13)

Quote (keiths @ Oct. 08 2012,17:00)
Yet another hysterical rant from KF. You can tell that he desperately wants to ban me or demand an apology.

I half expect him to unban me just so he can have the satisfaction of rebanning me or censoring my comments.

post it so i don't have to go there to read it!

The design inference is very simple, based on the premise that empirical, inductive explanations of the deep unobserved past or the like, are based on traces we observe and known empirically reliable causes that give rise to the same type of result. So, for instance we know on billions of cases that FSCO/I is a reliable sign of design as key cause. Indeed, the only observed cause, never mind ever so many dubious attempts to cloud the issue. genetic algorithms, from the very statement of a fitness function that points uphill start in a target zone and are chock full of the information built into such. The challenge is to get to such an island of function in a vast sea of configs that quickly exhaust cosmos scale resources without hardly sampling the space of possibilities.

That's the only bit you need to read.

I'm still not sure whether he's thoroughly dishonest or stupidly uncomprehending, or both.

Ineducable, certainly

"The challenge is to get to such an island of function in a vast sea of configs that quickly exhaust cosmos scale resources without hardly sampling the space of possibilities."

So then, according to gordo, it must also be impossible for tiny insects or plant seeds to get to an island thousands of miles out to sea unless they're deliberately sent and guided to that particular island by an intelligent designer yhwh.

ETA:

Think about how big the universe is. What are the odds of meteoroids, asteroids, comets, moons, planets, and/or stars colliding with each other in all that space? Yet it happens, a lot. gordo must believe that an intelligent designer yhwh commands and guides all those collisions.

Imagine how a pretentious dick who is cocksure that he has something important to give to the rest of the world must feel being trapped unheard on a minuscule island in the middle of nowhere.  Unavoidably, he just canot understand any island related analogy.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]