RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 25 2012,15:50   

Quote (onlooker @ Sep. 24 2012,13:40)
Upright BiPed identifies the miscreants:
the rancor being passed back and forth between UD and TSZ does not have its genesis at UD or among UD commentors.

Yeah, Joe, Mung, and kairosfocus are the epitome of civility.

UB himself, just few days ago:
CR, to be completely frank, I donít know if I have ever talked to someone as profoundly deluded as you.

You think you donít take positions, but you do. You think you donít justify your beliefs, but you do. And the most amazing part is that you seem utterly adamant about the entire preposterous lot. You hail yourself as an ďexponent of critical rationalismĒ yet youíve failed to demonstrate either of those words. Your pathology was exposed when you first came here to explain your schtick. You kept building and building on this immense story of all the things you donít do, only to finish by giving yourself a pass to do them all anyway. I am lucky enough to know people who have truly uncanny inner lives, who are very much what you are attempting to be. You should find one yourself and study them closely over a number of years. You will see they demonstrate none of the neediness you have displayed here. You simply do not have the skillset. Perhaps you will someday, but you will not get there by the disconnectedness youíve shown here.

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]