RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 24 2012,13:31   

Quote (Freddie @ Sep. 24 2012,14:29)
Quote (olegt @ Sep. 24 2012,12:20)
gpuccio earns 10 points on the Crackpot Scale:

To Joe Felsenstein (at TSZ):

One more thought: in the end, I believe that Dembski is right, although I aould never be able to give a mathemathical demonstration that he is tight (and I am not sure he has completely succeeded in that). But the general concepts are there.

Crackpot Index, #15:

10 points for each statement along the lines of "I'm not good at math, but my theory is conceptually right, so all I need is for someone to express it in terms of equations".

In theory we should be able to rate each longer thread at UD on the Crackpot Scale once it has reached, say, 50 posts to provide a common basis for comparison.

It would mean a little work and studious adherence to all 37 potential point-earners, but I think we could generate a top 20 list that would give new devotees of Tard a starting point for where to go to get the good stuff first.

SideWiki may have been a useful tool here :-(

i think I know a tardwarrior who could automate that

:O

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]