RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
CeilingCat

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 17 2012,06:09   

Quote (Soapy Sam @ Feb. 17 2012,03:20)

Jesus, I can still log in!  My last post disappeared, but this is what it was:

dmullenix February 17, 9451 at 1:29 pm

Bully, you flaming asshole, the answer is “Yes"! Now ban me, damn it!

I'm feeling seriously unclean still being able to log in!

By the way, I have no idea where that year and time came from.  It's 12:23 am CDT, 2012 right now.

Ah yes. One can log in. One can even post comments. But they bounce against the teflon hull of Starship UD without so much as a tremor, let alone the occupants staggering from one side of the set to the other. The only evidence of bannination is that nothing has a "Reply" button any more.

Well, that's a relief then.  Between that news and the three showers I took yesterday, I feel faintly clean again.

I do have to admit though that the time I spent reading UD wasn't completely worthless.  Looking through my Kindle, I see that I've gotten some pretty good book tips from Uncommon Descent negative reviews:

"The Atheist's Guide to Reality" by Alex Rosenberg

"Nonsense of a High Order" by the Right Hip Rabbi M.Averick  *

"A Univere from Nothing" by Lawrence Krauss

"The Beginning of Infinity" by David Deutsch

"The Better Angels of our Nature" by Steve Pinker (actually bought this one before reading about it on UD)

And probably a few others in paperback.  A negative review by Denyse is the Gold Standard for science books.

* I recommend this one to anybody who can steal a copy, but don't put money in his coffers.  Seriously, don't read it Joe G., you will suffer from priapism for the rest of your life, but you will never get off.  It's the ultimate ID book.  I think I posted the paragraph he wrote on the religious devotees who worship their god by shitting in front of his altar.  That is seriously how the Rabbi argues - and it's supposed to be a criticism of atheists!

Typical line: "The burden of proof is not on me to prove an intelligent creator; that is blindingly obvious; the burden of proof is on those who claims that their is a naturalistic explanation."

Sort of a combination of The Frill and Bully Arrington.

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]