RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 4, Fostering a Greater Understanding of IDC< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
The whole truth

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 11 2012,11:05   

Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Feb. 11 2012,06:22)
eigenstate

I have a homosexual son, so I don’t take homosexual jokes lightly. But for all the absence of gay jokes here, After the Bar Closes is a place my college age son would be welcomed, treated well, and supported like a human being. This place is the cesspool for people who are homosexuals, and if you’d like, I could get him to post here to confirm. Worshipping the God you worship is a much deeper and profound offense, a kind of wickedness no “HOMO” jokes can touch. So, if you want to talk about decency toward homosexuals, you are in the gutter hanging with the culture you do, right here.

beautiful.  whats even better,  the "HOMO" jokes are a parody of DaveScot's actual behavior at UD years ago.  that context is lost on this fool

eigenstate

Well, suit yourself. But people aren’t stupid, over there or here. I know the ‘OMG look at the fisting jokes’ appeal is going to work on some demagogic level, but it doesn’t fool people who are really following along. It’s just another cop out, another lazy, and frankly cowardly way to avoid the real areas of conflict.

is anyone making fisting jokes at UD? Oh yeah I didn't think so.  so, for another reason it's a huge who gives a fuck.  but as eigenstate is saying (more gently) tone trolling and pearl clutching lets them avoid the real problem.  

dull

You have no idea what my views on homosexual behavior are, and frankly, your clumsy attempt to paint me with the brush you’re using not only fails – it establishes you as quite a punk and a hypocrite besides. Go tolerate the “queer” jokes at your cesspool and write it all off as “well I bet they vote the right way, and that makes it okay”, but don’t try to project your guilty conscience onto me.

"queer" jokes?  "punk"?  ROFLMAO.  get the crucifix out of your ass dullasalus

eigenstate to stephenB mewling about "civility not wasting others time"

I agree this. This is also the basis for the “meta-criticism” of UD, the incivility that makes locker-room haranguing a minor faux pas by comparison. UD is expert at wasting critics time. Ask any of the critics, they will tell you that it is an impossible task to get UDers to sustain a serious, substantial exchange over the “methodology of ID” as science. Your posts are a very good example, predictably poisoning that well with “worldview” style critiques, and all the cultural phenomenon stuff you say you want to keep separate. If I’m wrong, maybe you can link me to your last substantial exchange with a critic on this methodology. I think I can link you to a LOT of the “cultural phenomenon” you put out.

fucking A!  been there done that sweatheart, that's why this thread exists.  muah

then gordon mullings jacks off for 27 points but i aint reading all that shit man

Regarding gordon e mullings and homophobia:

Look here

--------------
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. - Jesus in Matthew 10:34

But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. -Jesus in Luke 19:27

10669 replies since Aug. 31 2011,21:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (356) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]