RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (41) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Skeptical Zone, with Lizzie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
keiths

(Permalink) Posted: April 03 2019,00:06   

Quote (Richardthughes @ April 02 2019,21:19)
Quote (keiths @ April 02 2019,21:44)
Patrick asks Alan to point out the supposed misogyny.

Alan links to a comment from hotshoe that neither demonstrates, nor even attempts to demonstrate, that she was being treated misogynistically.

He also makes a vague reference to "the environs" of that comment without pointing out any misogyny therein.

In support of his "three misogynists" accusation, he writes
The reference was to your, Patrick and keiths's constructive dismissal of hotshoe, TSZ's last female contributor.

...as if disagreeing with a woman were synonymous with misogyny, and as if her being the "last female contributor" meant that we should treat her differently from everyone else at TSZ.

I regret missing that episode till it was too late to salvage.

As if hotshoe were some delicate flower who, being female, needed special protection from the likes of Alan, of all people.

She was frustrated because she didn't get her way.  She left of her own volition.  It wasn't misogyny, which is why Alan can't point to any.

The misogyny of lower expectations.

Yes, and a failed attempt at "virtue signaling".  We disagreed with a woman, so we must all be misogynists, according to the self-righteous Alan.

What a twit.

--------------
And the set of natural numbers is also the set that starts at 0 and goes to the largest number. -- Joe G

Please stop putting words into my mouth that don't belong there and thoughts into my mind that don't belong there. -- KF

1224 replies since Aug. 15 2011,22:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (41) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]