RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (22) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: The Skeptical Zone, with Lizzie< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 26 2012,07:36   

Quote (Cubist @ Sep. 26 2012,00:41)
Quote (Erasmus @ FCD,Sep. 25 2012,23:08)
honestly, tell the truth now, tardaholics.

wouldn't you rather argue with militant young earthers than these vague mystics?  really? i mean, which is the more malevolent form of stupidity?

I'd say ID is the more dangerous form of stupidity. With YECs, the underlying fundagelical roots of the position are so blatantly obvious that YEC-pushers plain old can't win in court—even if they do luck out and get a fundy-friendly judge to agree that YEC is All Science So Far, that f-f judge will be hobbled by (a) YEC's voluminous legalistic track record which incontrovertibly proves that YEC is religious dogma, and (b) the need to cobble together some sort of justification that won't get shredded on contact with an appeals judge.
With ID, the underlying fundagelical roots of the position have been sufficiently obscured that it's very possible for a rational human being who isn't familiar with ID to conclude that ID genuinely is Real Science.

I think the difference between the two, as you have described them, is purely political packaging.

With ID, the underlying fundagelical roots of the position have been sufficiently obscured that it's very possible for a rational human being who isn't familiar with ID to conclude that ID genuinely is Real Science.

I'd say, "Only if they are already committed to the tard."

If they are already on the tard, then ID will sound wonderful.  If they have never hit the tard before then it will sound like the bollocks that it is. Creationists love ID because they can sound all sciency but they are still creationists underneath the thin veneer of stolen respectability.

Can you provide me of an example of a rational human being who has affirmed that ID is True Science™ ??

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

638 replies since Aug. 15 2011,22:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (22) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]