Joined: July 2009
|Quote (MichaelJ @ Feb. 26 2012,15:19)|
|Now what are the options:|
1. He is completely unhinged and planned it all ahead of time.
2. He thought he had the devastating proof when he made the claim. As this was the first time anybody asked him to provide it, he realised that it was puerile and looked for any excuse to run away from the site.
3. His subconcious protecting him from reality led him to think that he actually did provide the proof and he was insulted that everybody on the site weren't instantly converted and flounced out.
Can we vote too?
I don't know what to say about Gil. I get the impression he thinks of himself as always being the smartest guy in the room, and that he just doesn't need to defend his claims, because, well, he's Gil Dodgen.
Regarding the phenomenon of Joe G, I think these two factors key:
1) He doesn't care about the truth. All that matters is winning the argument.
2) He is completely unaware of how badly he loses every argument he enters.