RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

  Topic: mafs question< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Posts: 10750
Joined: Jan. 2006

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 10 2011,11:59   

for a freind, actually:

"Iíve got one population that is a sub-set of another. I know the counts in both, the means and the standard deviations. What stat test can I use to teel if the mean of the sub-set is statistically different from the known mean of the whole? I think a t-test assumes two independent sets of data which these are not."


"Richardthughes, you magnificent bastard, I stand in awe of you..." : Arden Chatfield
"You magnificent bastard! " : Louis
"ATBC poster child", "I have to agree with Rich.." : DaveTard
"I bow to your superior skills" : deadman_932
" was Richardthughes making me lie in bed.." : Kristine

  26 replies since Mar. 10 2011,11:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  


Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]