RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   
  Topic: A thread for toobsucker, to share the evidence for ID.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 11 2011,07:45   

Quote (Cubist @ Feb. 10 2011,00:58)

All coded languages are observed to originate from an intelligence, no examples to the contrary can be given

This statement is accurate as far as it goes, but it doesn't go far enough. All that need be done is add one word, like so:
All coded languages are observed to originate from a human intelligence, no examples to the contrary can be given
I wonder why ID-pushers always leave out that one word?

I must quibble - Are not dog barks and growls, and bird squawks and songs, deliberate coded language?  Certainly monkey hoots and screams are and I doubt anyone would argue that the sounds bonobos, chimpanzees, and orangutans make aren't intended coded language. And for an even more obvious example, what are the squeaks and grunts and hums of whales if not coded language?

I submit that many organisms engage in coded language, however I would argue that DNA isn't a *deliberate* coded language or even really a language per se. It is a code to be sure, but saying it is a language is  really no different than saying that electrons in a piece of copper are a language.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

101 replies since Feb. 09 2011,15:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]