RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (9) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Kris On Comments< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,12:08   

Quote (Kris @ Jan. 25 2011,11:55)
Quote (oldmanintheskydidntdoit @ Jan. 25 2011,09:08)

Quote (Kris @ Jan. 25 2011,10:55)
Well, you could rise above all this and present your arguments, present your evidence and if the religious zealots don't like it, then you can go away with pride that you tried your best.

Ah, that's the thing though.

A zealot cannot be convinced via rational argument.

A scientist can be convinced via rational argument.

So if argument does not work with religious zealots then what? Stand mute as they build temples to ignorance like the Creation Museum?

That might work for you, but some people won't stand idly by when ignorance is promoted as knowledge.

Why do you care if they build a creation museum? If few to no people were interested in what's in the creation museum, it wouldn't stay open for long. You must think that enough people will be interested to keep it open. What does that tell you?

Here, let me give you some hints: Religious beliefs are popular. More popular than science. Most people believe in a God-like creator. Religions are better marketers than science.

Kris, if you think it's OK to build a 'museum' using government funds for support and infrastructure that highlights something that is fundamentally wrong... then you must be a creationist.

Science isn't about personal opinion.  It's about reality.  If you allow people to think (like you do) that science is all about opinion, then you are setting US kids up to fail at life (like... well... you know).

Teaching kids that it's OK to believe things that aren't real and that have a real impact on our world is LYING. I know you don't care because you do it all the time with no pangs of conscious.  

To prove it, find one post in this entire forum where a pro-science (not you) regular said that scientists are perfect.  Go ahead.  I'll wait.

While you're at it, provide evidence that I'm a hypocrite.  Show me the posts where I said one thing and then said the opposite.  What do you want to bet that you don't?  I'll let everyone else be the judge of whether you are correct or not.

You are the one complaining about science, but you don't want to talk about it.  You just want to whine about how mean we are.

You want to hear about mean?  Did you know that there is only one person* on this planet who lost their job solely due to the evolution/creationism debate?  And that one person was a science supporter who lost her job because she sent an e-mail saying the Dr. Forrest was going to be speaking at that people may want to attend.  That sound fair to you?

How about this... if a teacher attempts to teach evolution in class, then he gets censured, a black mark in his book, etc for it.  Even after he explains that evolution is a state standard.  But other teachers can have students pray in class with no effects.  Do you know what that is?  It's illegal.  Sound fair to you?

How about this... what do you think would happen if a Muslim wanted to build a creation museum in Kentucky?  Do you think that he would get state support or state built infrastructure improvements?  Do you know what that is?  It's illegal.  Sound fair to you?

There are so many things wrong with the things you say it's really hard to know where to start.  You don't get it... you never will... so just walk away.  Tell all your friends how you bearded the lion in the den and were victorious.  Whatever... just leave.

* No Sternberg doesn't count, Gaskill doesn't count.

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

249 replies since Jan. 20 2011,21:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (9) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]