Pages: (9) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Kris On Comments< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Kris

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 25 2011,11:39   

Quote (Kris @ Jan. 25 2011,07:57)

Quote (Kristine @ Jan. 25 2011,07:18)
Does anyone remember this?

Put a Sock In It

Arguments we’ve heard many times before and don’t want to hear again.

If you insist on boring us with them you won’t be with us for long.

I'm pretty darn light with the stick (despite being "boss around here" which I am not), but I must admit that I now see this page in a new light.  :p

I am also reminded of a book of scenes for actors that I read when I wanted to become an actor, in which one character repeated, essentially, "I hate you, you suck, you're horrible, blah, blah," and then the director quizzed the actress on why she showed no emotional nuance in the scene. The actress replied, "Well, my character hates his character!" and the director replied, "No - if that were true, you would have walked out on him by now."  :)

If you're not the boss around here then why did you say you were "going to end it"? Did you think that just because you spoke that I would vanish?

"Arguments we’ve heard many times before and don’t want to hear again. If you insist on boring us with them you won’t be with us for long."

It's funny that you quoted the words above. Obviously it hasn't occurred to you or a lot of other people here that everything any of you argue has been argued by you and others many, many, many times. Apparently you think that your arguments are fresh and profound but any argument you don't want to hear is redundant and boring. You sound just like some of the religious zealots you complain about for not wanting your same old arguments for the zillionth time. And you wonder why I call you hypocrites.

If you don't like their closed ears, maybe you should think about yours too. Maybe you should find a better way of getting your message across to the public and the powers that be (government). Nah, a different way might work and then you wouldn't have religious intrusions to hate and bitch about.

I just noticed a mistake in one of the sentences I wrote. It should be:

You sound just like some of the religious zealots you complain about for not wanting 'to hear' your same old arguments for the zillionth time.

--------------
The partisan, when he is engaged in a dispute, cares nothing about the rights of the question, but is anxious only to convince his hearers of his own assertions. Plato

249 replies since Jan. 20 2011,21:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (9) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]