RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Thread 2 for Kris< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Jan. 21 2011,08:33   

Quote (Kris @ Jan. 21 2011,08:04)
You're funny. Really you are. You're obviously just trying to bait me into something where you think you can tear apart anything I say and try to make me out to be a bible thumping creationist. Well, I've got news for you. I'm not a bible thumper or a creationist.

Mind reader is it now then?
†  
You want a point for "rational discussion"?

No, rather you made the claim that specific issues cannot be discussed rationally here and it's all about bashing religion. And I want to disconfirm that claim. If you don't want to play, that's fine by me.
†  
Science cannot prove that intelligent design or creation, of the universe or biological organisms or their building blocks, are or were impossible.

To me that's not a very interesting claim. And as others already have, I'm happy to agree with it. Many things are possible but it's about what you have evidence for.

A similar but equally vapid claim would be:
†  
Science cannot prove invisible pink unicorns did not create the universe or biological organisms or their building blocks.

A more interesting claim would be
Science has proven that intelligent design and not evolution is responsible for the creation of biological organisms and their their building blocks

Then evidence would be required to substantiate that claim. Should none be forthcoming, then it's just yet another empty claim.

There is plenty of evidence that evolution is responsible for the creation of biological organisms, do you dispute that?

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

174 replies since Jan. 21 2011,05:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]