RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (27) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: DI EN&V, Open comments and archive< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
sparc

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2017,03:45   

Over at EN&V you are invited to meet Amy a young biology student with a heartbreaking history:  
Meet Amy, for example, who has been passionate about math and biology as long as she can remember. In her late teens, she devoured books by Michael Behe, William Dembski, Michael Denton, and Stephen Meyer. Full of hope for the future, she headed off to college to study molecular biology at a prestigious research university in the Midwest.
But in her first college biology class she was immediately confronted by ridicule for the idea that anything but purposeless and random processes are responsible for the seeming design of life. Instructors stifled any discussion that went outside of their materialist views of life's origins.

She persevered because her passions and convictions were strong. After years of increasing hostility, Amy felt alone and isolated in the midst of all these bright minds that had been constricted by the limits of Darwinian materialism.

But Amy was lucky. A friend and longtime supporter of Discovery Institute's CSC told her about the Seminar on Intelligent Design in the Natural Sciences. She applied and was accepted. The experience transformed her life, as evidenced by her comment in the closing survey we distribute to students:  
I feel deeply privileged to have met the Discovery Institute people...I think that without their intervention I would not have gone back to university. Being around like-minded people makes me feel less alone.

However, you should be aware that the picture illustrating the text is just another stock photo downloaded from the web.

--------------
"[...] the type of information we find in living systems is beyond the creative means of purely material processes [...] Who or what is such an ultimate source of information? [...] from a theistic perspective, such an information source would presumably have to be God."

- William Dembski -

792 replies since Jan. 20 2011,10:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (27) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]