RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (21) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: DI EN&V, Open comments and archive< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Timothy McDougald

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 10 2012,18:08   

So, apparently, Luskin has been excerpting parts of chapter three on EN&V. I have only read this one and have already discovered on major error on Casey's part. I'll be writing a post on it but it the meantime can any one spot the error:

There are some reasons for skepticism over whether the bones of "Lucy" represent a single individual, or even a single species. In a video playing at the exhibit, Lucy's discoverer Donald Johanson admitted that when he found the fossil, the bones were scattered across a hillside, where he "looked up the slope and there were other bones sticking out." Johanson's written account explains further how the bones were not found together: "[S]ince the fossil wasn't found in situ, it could have come from anywhere above. There's no matrix on any of the bones we've found either. All you can do is make probability statements."66

Edited to add: see Luskin, Science and Human Origins, and Dik-Dik Feces for the answer.
Edited to fix typo

--------------
Church burning ebola boy

FTK: I Didn't answer your questions because it beats the hell out of me.

PaV: I suppose for me to be pried away from what I do to focus long and hard on that particular problem would take, quite honestly, hundreds of thousands of dollars to begin to pique my interest.

602 replies since Jan. 20 2011,10:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (21) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]