RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (263) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Oct. 14 2012,21:44   

Quote (Joe G @ Oct. 14 2012,20:39)
In his bullshit article on "Darwininian Evolution on a Chip", Kevin spews:

Michael Behe, in his book Edge of Evolution states that it is impossible for four mutations to happen in a gene to result in a improvement in the resulting protein. He uses the example of resistant malaria, where there are two mutations and states that this is the edge of evolution because there’s probability that these two mutations can’t happen in the same gene at the same time.

1-    In a GENE, that means in a complete organism

So I'm intrepreting the word "gene" wrong?

Really... one gene is a complete organism?  So, the gene that controls my ability to taste certain chemicals is also all that's needed to build my entire body?

Dang, the rest of the biological science need to figure this stuff out.  (yes, I'm laughing at you)

2-    In an organism the target space is much larger than this example

But we're not talking about an organism are we?

Just out of curiosity Joe, how many mutations does the average human have?  Meaning, how many differences betwen a child's genes and the parents'?

3-    This example the thing that requires changing gets mutated every time it is placed in the error-prone PCR

Yeah, so?  Even human systems make mistakes.  Quite poor design that, don't you think?

4-    With an organism mutations would occur in other parts of the genome and the target gene may not get mutated again

Again... SO?  You see that word you used "may".  Makes a pretty powerful difference.

I know you don't understand why though.

5-    Two, or more mutations occurring in one gene at the same time is just relying on pure luck, which is NOT scientific

You keep using words, but the study was done and it happened.

6-    I cannot find where Behe says states it is impossible for four mutations to happen in a gene to result in an improvement in the resulting protein- what page/ pages is that on

Oh sorry, what Behe actually says is "two".

Also Behe puts the edge of evolution at two new protein-to-protein binding sites. Who cares about how many mutations- you need to have those mutations construct new protein machinery.

Yep and the Evolution on a chip study shows that it can happen in very little time, with very small populations, resulting in MASSIVE increases in efficiency of the result.

Winning.

edit to fix quotes.
edit again to fix quotes (and further mock Joe's 'understanding' of biology

Edited by OgreMkV on Oct. 15 2012,11:04

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

7861 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (263) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]