RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (277) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
OgreMkV

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 30 2012,09:29   

Joey, the moron of doom vomited forth:

I see that Allan Miller has gone off of the edge- earth to Allan- there isnít any physio-chemical connection between the nucleotide (codon) and the amino acid it represents- the codon does not become the amino acid via some chemical reaction.

Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the nucleotides. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the tRNA and its amino acid. Yes there are chemical connections/ bonds between the amino acids in the polypeptide. And all of that is irrelevant to what I said.

Let's see what 35 seconds of reading on the interwebs says on the topic. †I use wikipedia because (sadly) that's all that's needed.

Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase (an enzyme) catalyzes the bonding between specific tRNAs and the amino acids that their anticodon sequences call for. The product of this reaction is an aminoacyl-tRNA molecule. This aminoacyl-tRNA travels inside the ribosome, where mRNA codons are matched through complementary base pairing to specific tRNA anticodons. The ribosome has three sites for tRNA to bind. They are the aminoacyl site (abbreviated A), the peptidyl site (abbreviated P) and the exit site (abbreviated E). With respect to the mRNA, the three sites are oriented 5íto 3í E-P-A, because ribosomes moves toward the 3' end of mRNA. The A site binds the incoming tRNA with the complementary codon on the mRNA. The P site holds the tRNA with the growing polypeptide chain. The E site holds the tRNA without its amino acid. When an aminoacyl-tRNA initially binds to its corresponding codon on the mRNA, it is in the A site. Then, a peptide bond forms between the amino acid of the tRNA in the A site and the amino acid of the charged tRNA in the P site. The growing polypeptide chain is transferred to the tRNA in the A site. Translocation occurs, moving the tRNA in the P site, now without an amino acid, to the E site; the tRNA that was in the A site, now charged with the polypeptide chain, is moved to the P site. The tRNA in the E site leaves and another aminoacyl-tRNA enters the A site to repeat the process
Wikipedia - Translation

my bolding

Yep, no chemistry or anything like that here...

Hey Joe, in your own words... what is a 'peptide bond'?

eta.

If I understand what you are saying Joey Bunny, your claim is that because DNA is transcribed into mRNA and then translated into proteins, that there is no direct chemical linkage between the DNA and the protein.

I guess you could argue that point, if you knew nothing about the biochemistry of how the entire system works.  The simple fact that there is a 1:1 correspondence between DNA nucleotides and RNA nucleotides and a 1:1 correspondence between tRNA and mRNA and a 1:1 correspondence  between amino acids and tRNA... nope doesn't mean a thing.  There's absolutely no chemical linkage between anything.  It's all just totally random... isn't that what you're saying, moron?

Edited by OgreMkV on Aug. 30 2012,09:38

--------------
Ignored by those who can't provide evidence for their claims.

http://skepticink.com/smilodo....retreat

8285 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (277) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]