RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (264) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Joe G.'s Tardgasm, How long can it last?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
ppb

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 01 2010,13:58   

Quote (Occam's Aftershave @ Mar. 01 2010,14:09)
Quote (fnxtr @ Mar. 01 2010,12:47)

Quote (Quack @ Mar. 01 2010,09:38)

Sadly the Hillman Minx was before my time, even though it was a lovely* vehicle.

Louis

*Lovely doesn't necessarily mean it worked!

I thought so. But I drove it for two years without a hitch and with the then new-fangled radial tires it was a dream to drive - for that time in history at least.

It had leather upholstery, what we called a 'sofa seat' and a column mounted gear shift handle.

I miss bench seats. So many lost opportunities with buckets.

Way back in high school I had a beater 68 Plymouth Satellite with bench seats.  That led to what back then we called "COD" turns for "come over darling" - a hard right hand corner so your girlfriend would end up in your lap.   Also known as an "SOB" turn - "slide over babe!"

Sadly, my only memory of bench seats is getting stuck sitting between my parents on long trips.  Oh, the trials of being the baby of the family!

--------------
"[A scientific theory] describes Nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And it agrees fully with experiment. So I hope you can accept Nature as She is - absurd."
- Richard P. Feynman

7892 replies since Feb. 24 2010,12:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (264) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]