RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   
  Topic: YEC News, The young-earth news that's fit to spew< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Robin

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 03 2010,08:51   

[quote=OgreMkV,Dec. 02 2010,11:47][/quote]

I guess there are now two questions?

1) Who is going to sue first for a First Amendment violation (you'd think a 300 cubit ark was a pretty obvious endorsement of one religion)?

I don't think this is going on public land and as the announcement notes it's being privately funded. I don't see where the first amendment violation would stand. That the governor is endorsing this is an interesting fine-line issue, it seems he's been careful about noting he's promoting it because of the employment impact. I doubt this will be an issue.

2) If no one sues, then when will the first Muslim theme park open?  Complete with rental burkahs and those that don't bow when the bell rings get blown up.*

* Yes, I'm being objectionable and stereotypical of the muslim religion.  deal with it.

When some well-funded conservative Muslim group decides that such a venture will further its goals. Until then, it won't happen.

--------------
we IDists rule in design for the flagellum and cilium largely because they do look designed.  Bilbo

The only reason you reject Thor is because, like a cushion, you bear the imprint of the biggest arse that sat on you. Louis

110 replies since Nov. 16 2009,10:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]