RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Ptaylor

(Permalink) Posted: April 06 2011,23:40   

Quote (Lou FCD @ April 07 2011,09:10)
Mark is my hero:

markf

04/06/2011

6:11 am

Is there a bright side if you are an atheist?

Oh yes. For example,

- no pressure to sit through hour long rambles or harangues once a week in a building with minimal heating and hard seats

- easier to enjoy satires on religion

- no need to repeat I was once an atheist but now I know better every week.

My emphasis.

And Gil simply does not get the joke in his new post in response to markf The Bright Side of Atheism. Sample paragraph:
In our church there is no pressure to do anything; its all voluntary. The seats are soft and the heating is comfortable. The sermons are not rambles or harangues, but insightful messages (often convicting, but necessarily and constructively so) given by a pastor with a Ph.D. in ethics who has been a professor at Vanguard University for many years, who is one of the best humanitarians I have ever known, and who puts his feet to his faith. He and a team from our church just got back from war-ravaged Africa on a mission to build minimal housing for widows and orphans.

(From there he meanders on to argument A1)

He has completely missed (or maybe ignored) the jibe aimed at him. I'm sort of lost for words for him - self centred? humourless? Oh yes - noncarborundum got it right earlier - Gil Dodgen is a git.

--------------
We no longer say: “Another day; another bad day for Darwinism.” We now say: “Another day since the time Darwinism was disproved.”
-PaV, Uncommon Descent, 19 June 2016

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]