RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
noncarborundum

(Permalink) Posted: April 06 2011,21:36   

Quote (Kristine @ April 06 2011,18:29)

Quote (noncarborundum @ April 06 2011,16:48)

Quote (Kristine @ April 06 2011,15:55)

Quote (Ptaylor @ April 05 2011,23:45)
Gil displays a little irritation at the way the “Atheists Don’t Have No Songs” comments are heading:

BACK ON TOPIC:

...because he wants to say something he hasn't said before...

I just got back from a rehearsal at our church playing piano with the many talented musicians in our worship team, in preparation for next Sunday’s service. This is such a joyful and life-enriching experience (which the atheist will never comprehend or experience), not just for the praise music but for the fellowship among us. At every rehearsal we have a time of prayer and share our personal lives and struggles with each other.

As a former Dawkins-style atheist I can offer the following observations: Atheism is hopelessly irrational and illogical. It is soul destroying.

...for at least a week.

Yeah, right. Because as a former pianist myself who, like Dawkins, sang in choir, and as a dancer who started at age practically zero singing in my crib (according to witnesses), I hate music about as much as the St.-Matthews-Passion-enjoying Dawkins does.

What a childish comment, even for Gilligan.

I just got back from a solo recital, singing with the many talented musicians in my voice teacher's studio. This is such a joyful and life-enriching experience, not just for the music but for the fellowship among us. After every recital we have a time of wine and cheese and sharing our personal lives and struggles with each other.

As a former C.S. Lewis-style Christian I can offer the following observation: Gil Dodgen is a git.

Yes, but Noncarb - you did not enjoy it in the right way!

I keep threatening to write a musical based on Kitzmiller. Well, I could write the libretto, at least. Sempre Li!

I've been known to write music, but I've never tried musical theater.  Would a musical based on Dover involve farting noises in any way?

--------------
"The . . . um . . . okay, I was genetically selected for blue eyes.  I know there are brown eyes, because I've observed them, but I can't do it.  Okay?  So . . . um . . . coz that's real genetic selection, not the nonsense Giberson and the others are talking about." - DO'L

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]