RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Uncommonly Dense Thread 3, The Beast Marches On...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Erasmus, FCD

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 07 2009,22:46   

preserved in entirety because it is too stupid to cut

Mario A. Lopez
09/07/2009
8:14 pm
Lenoxus,

I am not sure where you get the idea that ID proponents claim or predict that there will be absolutely no “junk” DNA.

Stephen Meyer, who has spoken out against Darwinian predictions concerning junk DNA, has made it pretty clear that ID proponents do NOT deny the degradation of an aboriginal design or even that “mutational processes might have degraded or ‘broken’ some previously functional DNA.” (see Signature in the Cell pgs 406-407)

BTW–I don’t know of anyone that does not believe evolution to be degrading. The article is not telling us anything we didn’t already know about evolution.

I wish someone would publish something with a little more than simple “variation” or “resistance” or the ability to “digest” something new. None of these minor changes get us anywhere in the grand evolutionary story as told by Darwinists!

If you could provide even one example of an increase of CSI in the genome of any organism, I’d love to see it.

Note: An example of CSI should exhibit functional divergence.

I should point out that functional divergence does not require an increase of information; however, information increase does require functional divergence. Make sense?

For example, in gene duplication the “free” duplicate may only be considered an increase of info. if it acquires a novel function (one that diverges from the original). However, The original must also maintain its function, otherwise, you just gained one function to lose another.

As you know, vertical evolution requires an increase of biological information and organization. In other words, If you could show how adaptations lead to morphological innovations, I will embrace Darwinism like the fanatics at Pharyngula! No kidding!

BTW–I don’t know of anyone that does not believe evolution to be degrading. The article is not telling us anything we didn’t already know about evolution

you should get out of that sunday school class more often Mario.  maybe get Screech to show you how he parties.  you are certainly keeping company with some world class demented fuckwits, by your own testimony.  that or you are a hermit.

--------------
You're obviously illiterate as hell. Peach, bro.-FtK

Finding something hard to believe based on the evidence, is science.-JoeG

the odds of getting some loathsome taint are low-- Gordon E Mullings Manjack Heights Montserrat

I work on molecular systems with pathway charts and such.-Giggles

15001 replies since Sep. 04 2009,16:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (501) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]