RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Evolutionary Computation, Stuff that drives AEs nuts< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Zachriel



Posts: 2581
Joined: Sep. 2006

(Permalink) Posted: Nov. 16 2009,14:22   

Interesting comparison, after 1000 generations. (The previous examples used 20 genes. This is with 100 genes.)

Population = 100
Offspring per individual = 2.5
Recessive = 0
Average Fitness = 0.58


Average Fitness refers to average fitness of the children, so of 250 children, 58% have a fitness of one, more than enough to replenish the population of 100. The remaining 42% have a fitness of zero.

Population = 100
Offspring per individual = 2.5
Recessive = -0.001
Average Fitness = 0.98


The majority of children have a fitness between 0.993 and 0.999. Only a handful were stillborn.

Notice the large difference in average fitness due to the very slight effect of the recessive allele.

-
"Ah, I don't have to outrun the bear, dear Albert," said Niels. "I only have to outrun you."

--------------
The struggle against ignorance is to the end of time. But it is said that if you die in tard, you will be reborn in Tardhalla.

   
  351 replies since Mar. 17 2009,11:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (12) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   


Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]