RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (39) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Vox Day: Alpha Fail., Rich veins of untapped Tard< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Aug. 06 2008,14:44   

Quote (blipey @ Aug. 01 2008,11:27)

Quote (Advocatus Diaboli @ Aug. 01 2008,04:21)
I read his book, The Irrational Atheist. It wasn't as bad as some people were saying it was. But I do recommend that you skip the first chapter and focus on the stuff after it.

I believe Reciprocating Bill read it as well.  I can't remember what thread he put his review on--I think it was the Unreasonable Kansans thread, but it could have been the Ftk research thread.

IIRC, he seemed to think it missed the boat quite often: not actually making the case against each atheist's argument.  At least the bits he quoted seemed to have much better sentence structure and meaningful content than Denise O'Leary.  It's something, anyway.

I offered my thoughts in three posts. If you read the discussion following the third, you'll see that Ftk brought my critique to VD's attention. VD briefly responded - without addressing any of the major points I raised. You'll also notice that Ftk never responded to any of the points I made, and the topic died. (Dog bites man.)

My comments are here, here and here

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

1157 replies since July 31 2008,17:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (39) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]