Joined: Oct. 2006
|Quote (keiths @ Jan. 05 2009,03:46)|
|Those two threads -- the [URL=http://www.uncommondescent.com/intelligent-design/a-realistic-computational-simulation-of-random-mutation-filtered-by-natural-selection-in-b|
iology/]original[/URL] and the follow-on -- are the perfect introduction to the trainwreck that is UD.
1) GilDo and DaveTard displaying utter ignorance of a field in which they both claim expertise;
2) an almost universal inability among the ID supporters to think abstractly;
3) their repeated refusal to listen to commenters who actually know what they're talking about;
4) several John A. Davison rants;
5) an actual prayer, followed by a theological debate;
6) deleted comments;
7) a pathetic attempt by Gil, three days after the fact, to pretend that his original post was just a joke;
8) some bold-font moderator chest-thumping (by Scott);
9) DaveTard misunderstanding the concept of irreducible complexity, and being corrected by an ID critic;
10) banninations of Tom English, Reciprocating Bill and me (posting as Karl Pfluger) for exposing DaveTard's chumpitude; and
11) DaveTard frantically defending himself as he is mocked by the good folks at AtBC.
It is a true tard extravaganza, lacking only a WAD meltdown and some O'Learian pseudoprose.
Mmmmm.... (drifts back) ....perhaps you can never really recapture that first time, your brown-eyed girlfriend, that first trip, UD in the rosy fullness of Tard... (wipes a tear) ...
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.
"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace
"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington