RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (74) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Wildlife, What's in your back yard?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: Feb. 22 2008,13:10   

Okay, enough with the pitiful HOMO stories of your Rock Doves, House Sparrows, and Starlings. :angry:

Just got back from the eastern Sierras. There I saw a Townsend's Solitaire, a White-Headed Woodpecker, Mountain Chickadees, Black-Billed Magpies (the western limit of their range; 50 miles west over the mountains it's Yellow-bills), and Dark-Eyed Juncos (which I still think of as Oregon Juncos). Probably would have been more, but there's two feet of snow on the ground there. Got to hear coyotes yelping frenziedly around dusk, too.

For some reason the Feather River Canyon was full of a ginormous number of Shovelers. The Central Valley had the usual array of YB Magpies, Acorn Woodpeckers, White-Tailed Kites (my personal fave), Cooper's Hawks, Kestrels, and about eight dozen Red-Tail Hawks, which seem to be about as numerous as all the other Buteos put together for some reason.

Okay, back to your "I saw some sparrows in my back yard I think", ladies. :angry:

(Except for Albatrossity. I tip my bird nerd cap in his direction, now and always.)

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

2203 replies since Jan. 24 2008,14:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (74) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]