RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Ben Stein plays the Nazi card< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Lowell

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2008,14:39   

Here's a really long article from the Hollywood Investigator in 2003 that traces Stein's career:

http://www.hollywoodinvestigator.com/2003/benstein.htm

Ben's a real pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-bootstraps kind of guy:

Stein recalled a black woman who'd asked him, following his speech at Pepperdine University, how people were to get an education after cuts in the school budget.  "What I said to her was, no public school system has ever been invented that is so poor that a really well-motivated, well- disciplined student cannot get an education.  There's libraries, there's internet, there's newspapers, there are inexpensive books.  Some of the problem of the unemployment among inner city African-Americans is due to their own inability to educate themselves, to get themselves marketable skills.

"I'm a huge fan of rap.  I'm floored at the incredible creativity and discipline and hard work of some of these rap stars who make themselves into giant sensations.  I keep thinking to myself, the inner city is an enormous reservoir of talent that has yet to be tapped by America -- but it has to tap itself first of all."

--------------
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most well documented events of antiquity. Barry Arrington, Jan 17, 2012.

143 replies since Jan. 23 2008,12:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]