RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   
  Topic: Ben Stein plays the Nazi card< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

(Permalink) Posted: Mar. 26 2008,14:39   

Here's a really long article from the Hollywood Investigator in 2003 that traces Stein's career:

Ben's a real pull-yourself-up-by-your-own-bootstraps kind of guy:

Stein recalled a black woman who'd asked him, following his speech at Pepperdine University, how people were to get an education after cuts in the school budget.  "What I said to her was, no public school system has ever been invented that is so poor that a really well-motivated, well- disciplined student cannot get an education.  There's libraries, there's internet, there's newspapers, there are inexpensive books.  Some of the problem of the unemployment among inner city African-Americans is due to their own inability to educate themselves, to get themselves marketable skills.

"I'm a huge fan of rap.  I'm floored at the incredible creativity and discipline and hard work of some of these rap stars who make themselves into giant sensations.  I keep thinking to myself, the inner city is an enormous reservoir of talent that has yet to be tapped by America -- but it has to tap itself first of all."

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is one of the most well documented events of antiquity. Barry Arrington, Jan 17, 2012.

143 replies since Jan. 23 2008,12:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]