RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   
  Topic: The Design Of Life, Too Late For This Now?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
oldmanintheskydidntdoit

(Permalink) Posted: Dec. 20 2007,10:53   

The design of life "give us more money" page quotes some of the Amazon reviews.
A review quoted by FTE says

In short, Dembski and Wells have written a comprehensive text of absolutely sparkling perspicacity. 'One long argument' of a quality that Darwin could only have dreamt has been given, and a bright new research paradigm has found its way into the sunlight. This book will be praised and it will be vilified, but most importantly it will be read because it is eminently worthy of being read ó and the young minds who read it will have their eyes opened to a new and better and more accurate and vastly healthier scientific understanding of the world.  

Now the FTE names him as "B. L. FROM REDMOND, WA"

His Amazon profile notes that his name is in fact "Bruce Gordon".

And of course ten seconds later it's obvious Bruce is really Bruce Gordon, research director for Discovery's Center for Science & Culture who writes articles like

Intelligent Design Theory is NOT Creationism

I know that people have pointed out that the positive reviews are mostly, if not all written by comrades of Behe and Dembski, but I thought If I picked a name from the reviews they themselves quoted it would not lead back to the Disco institute.

Amazingly they then say on the FTE page after posting these "reviews"

Of course, not all of the reviews posted in the first month have been as exuberant as those above; some are venomous. We are receiving numerous requests for review copies from people we know intend to try to destroy it. (We do not intentionally send complimentary review copies to these people.)

Their intent is to deceive.

Amusingly "B. L. FROM REDMOND, WA" also reviewed "Shattered Tablets: Why We Ignore the Ten Commandments at Our Peril" where he says

The result is a powerful critique of secularization that strongly motivates Klinghoffer's prophetic call for a return to America's Judeo-Christian heritage. I am not at all optimistic that this call will be heeded, but the uncompromising clarity with which the need for it is explained and illustrated makes this book a very important one indeed

So, FTK, no return to America's Judeo-Christian heritage planned by the Discovery Institute at all then?

Snapshot of the page as of today

--------------
I also mentioned that He'd have to give me a thorough explanation as to *why* I must "eat human babies".
FTK

if there are even critical flaws in Gaugerís work, the evo mat narrative cannot stand
Gordon Mullings

111 replies since Dec. 07 2007,13:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]