RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (117) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Telic Thoughts Thread< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Arden Chatfield

(Permalink) Posted: April 27 2008,23:32   

Quote (Wesley R. Elsberry @ April 27 2008,21:19)
I think NCSE was in offices in El Cerrito in 1995. That was pretty much a hole-in-the-wall, but right around front was a pretty decent Mexican restaurant that went some way toward making up for the lack of ambiance. The newer offices off 40th Street in Oakland are much better offices, but in a less attractive neighborhood. No handy Mexican restaurant, fersure, though Nick Matzke kept the Subway at 40th and Telegraph in business.

That's funny, El Cerrito is where I moved in '95 (and still am now). Where in El Cerrito was it?

The best restaurants near the NCSE now would be the Eritrean and Korean restaurants along Telegraph, or maybe the Chinese places on Piedmont Avenue. There's nothing on 40th itself.

40th between MLK and Broadway is a ratty neighborhood. The best I can say for it is that it hasn't gotten any *worse* since 1985.

--------------
"Rich is just mad because he thought all titties had fur on them until last week when a shorn transvestite ruined his childhood dreams by jumping out of a spider man cake and man boobing him in the face lips." - Erasmus

3492 replies since Sep. 22 2007,13:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (117) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]