RSS 2.0 Feed

» Welcome Guest Log In :: Register

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   
  Topic: Evolution of the horse; a problem for Darwinism?, For Daniel Smith to present his argument< Next Oldest | Next Newest >  
Reciprocating Bill

(Permalink) Posted: Sep. 24 2007,17:58   

Holy shit. Another one.

Daniel starts with this admission:
I myself am no scientist. As far as formal training, I'm more than ignorant. What little I know has been self taught.

Full Stop.

Daniel: based upon your own self-description, we need no longer give the slightest attention to your thoughts on evolutionary biology. You don't know shit from Shinola on the topic, by your own admission. Plus your wingtips stink.

Daniel admits abject ignorance of contemporary evolutionary science, yet nevertheless feels qualified to reject a priori the hard won findings of a community of thousands of scientists laboring over decades in an attempt to better understand the history of life on earth. Moreover, he prefers a priori a handful of crackpots and outliers who "work" outside the scientific community and whose ideas have been ridiculed, shunned, and forgotten by that community. In short, although he claims interest in the work of scientists who themselves operate "free of preconceptions," he freely admits being motivated by the biased assumptions and foregone conclusions of science denial. A position that emerged from his admitted ignorance.

Daniel: I now invite you to abandon the pretense of "objective, direct consideration of the evidence, free of preconceptions," to which your own self-descriptive statements (and subsequent posts) utterly give the lie, stop holding forth on a topic of which you are self-admittedly utterly ignorant, and tell us what is motivating your anti-science stance.

What commitments and what community identification account for your stance?

--------------
Myth: Something that never was true, and always will be.

"The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you."
- David Foster Wallace

"Here’s a clue. Snarky banalities are not a substitute for saying something intelligent. Write that down."
- Barry Arrington

1733 replies since Sep. 18 2007,15:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >  

Pages: (58) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >   

Track this topic Email this topic Print this topic

[ Read the Board Rules ] | [Useful Links] | [Evolving Designs]